Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I'm getting a new exhaust system and this is what the guys said to me

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Your point is ? That goes for anyone then idk what you were getting at there..

His point is that just coz it sounds good in the personal opinion of your exhaust guy, doesn't necessarily mean that you, or any other individual, will think the same.

The sound of anything is very subjective.

IMHO, very few, if any, V6 engines sound good with an aftermarket exhaust system. Even some factory V6 systems sound like arse.

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
His point is that just coz it sounds good in the personal opinion of your exhaust guy, doesn't necessarily mean that you, or any other individual, will think the same.

The sound of anything is very subjective.
Yeah I get that I just want someone to tell me if they have heard my system on a car..? Have you?

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
I've heard plenty of loud V6 exhausts.

My arse comment also applies to them.
So just like that other guy said about opinions mean **** all does that go for yous coz you don't think any v6 exhaust systems sound good as you put its "arse" right ? Just a question mate..

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yep, my opinion is my opinion. You can do with it what you will. Agree, disagree. I'm not particularly fazed either way.

At the end of the day, if you get your car back and are happy with the sound then good luck to you.

If you are looking for positive reinforcement from others then don't be upset if someone tells you they don't like the sound......coz that is their opinion which they are entitled to, just as much as you are entitled to yours.

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
Yep, my opinion is my opinion. You can do with it what you will. Agree, disagree. I'm not particularly fazed either way.

At the end of the day, if you get your car back and are happy with the sound then good luck to you.

If you are looking for positive reinforcement from others then don't be upset if someone tells you they don't like the sound......coz that is their opinion which they are entitled to, just as much as you are entitled to yours.
Aha mate I'm far from upset it was just a question so how come you don't like any exhaust on v6s ? I'm guessing your a v8 man right? So you automatically get a great sound which us v6 folk can only get from exhaust systems and what not and still it's not the same but similar IMO tho..

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
so how come you don't like any exhaust on v6s ?

Coz they just sound terrible, imho.

Again imho, the only engines that should have aftermarket exhausts are V8s and boxer engines but even then there is a limit to what sound I like. Plenty of V8s sound poor too.....it's just that I've never heard a V6 aftermarket exhaust sound that I like.

One of my mates has a twin turbo 6 cyl BMW with Msport exhaust. Car goes like the clappers. He loves the exhaust sound, I hate it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So just like that other guy said about opinions mean **** all does that go for yous coz you don't think any v6 exhaust systems sound good as you put its "arse" right ? Just a question mate..

It's this simple mate....Ones persons taste in sound differs from the next....In other words, you might think it sounds **** hot, whilst others think it sounds like a wet fart...And it doesn't matter how many cylinders the car has in this instance

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It will have plenty of mang.