Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So it's nearing the time when I say goodbye to my VN...

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Well my car is not going to pass rego at the end of this year, basically it's gonna cost me probably no less than $1500 to get things repaired, and then around $1000 for rego and insurance. In my eyes, it's not worth it. So what I'm going to be doing is finishing painting my door trims, and then I'm going to try and trade it in and get a manual Subaru Liberty station wagon.

Anyway, I have a question - when you're financing a vehicle with a car dealer, do they usually charge interest? I'm not going to get the chance to see the dealer until Saturday and I'm keen for information ASAP. If anyone has Subaru dealer specific information that would be even better :D. Also, do most dealers do financing on second hand vehicles? I don't necessarily want to buy a 2006 model Suby (although that would be awesome!)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
DavidPartay said:
Well my car is not going to pass rego at the end of this year, basically it's gonna cost me probably no less than $1500 to get things repaired, and then around $1000 for rego and insurance. In my eyes, it's not worth it. So what I'm going to be doing is finishing painting my door trims, and then I'm going to try and trade it in and get a manual Subaru Liberty station wagon.

Anyway, I have a question - when you're financing a vehicle with a car dealer, do they usually charge interest? I'm not going to get the chance to see the dealer until Saturday and I'm keen for information ASAP. If anyone has Subaru dealer specific information that would be even better :D. Also, do most dealers do financing on second hand vehicles? I don't necessarily want to buy a 2006 model Suby (although that would be awesome!)
Do they charge interest??...................THREW YA ASS!!!
You will 9 times outta 10 pay more interest on car finance then you would with a personal loan.
AirStrike :air:

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I pay nearly 14% interest on my personal loan with Westpac, surely they aren't as bad as that?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
My dad runs the finance department at several car dealerships...

YES you pay interest on the loan, but depending how good you are is what rate you will get. Argue with them till your happy, dont settle with them just because you want the car. Yes they do finance for any car... new or used... but watch out that they dont sell you every insurance under the sun... because they will try!

Just be aware of what is going on and ask them for the interest rate. They hate that question but do it... By default the interest rate is 15% - 17% ... if your credit rating is good and your not a high risk you can get them down to 10% - 12%

My car loan is at 7% ... only because dad set it up :)

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Wow, that's pretty damn high.

Don't worry, I learned long ago (thanks to Westpac) what happens when you don't stand against robbery ;). If they want to sell the vehicle, they'll listen to ME ;).

Thanks for the tip :).

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
some will get as high as 27%

you are better off taking out an equity access loan if you own a house

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Yeah I don't have a house yet unfortunately!

That's completely ridiculous, those salespeople can obviously afford much nicer clothes than people like me you'd think they'd be a bit less greedy ;).

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
DavidPartay said:
Yeah I don't have a house yet unfortunately!

That's completely ridiculous, those salespeople can obviously afford much nicer clothes than people like me you'd think they'd be a bit less greedy ;).

it is for their greed that they work at making the most out of you.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Infus10n said:
My car loan is at 7% ... only because dad set it up :)
i want to slap you with a big hairy karp! i want contacts like that! :cry: