Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So some wench crashed into me......

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
So was travelling down canning highway in WA at bout 8pm on 31st march, (reason I didn't post this sooner is I got married on the friday and have just gotten back from my honeymoon) travelling in the left hand lane, a woman in the right hand lane next to me and a car in front of her. Doing the speed limit of a ridiculously slow 60km/ph for that particular road when the car in front of her starts to slow down and throws on a right indicator to turn. She slows down slightly with the guy to stop behind him and then throws on a left indicator WHILE she starts veering left towards me and my lane. OHSHIT. By the time she had made it to my lane I had moved up a little (she would have been doing bout 40km/ph when she started pulling into my lane) and subsequently hit my drivers side rear quater. Bitch. So we pulled over a few streets up and swap details and all. I get home, down a coldie and call my insurance company to report it, after hours, so I have to call em back in the morning. As soon as I get to work, call em up tell em what happened, give em all the ladies details. Went and filed a traffic accident police report online just to be on the safe side aswel. Insurance company tell me that she is liable for damages and accept the claim, I take off for my honeymoon and my brother arranges for my car to go to the western QBE inspection centre in Osborne Park and get the ball rolling for me.

He calls me to tell me it's going to be ready the following thursday (this thrusday now) and I was a bit pissed. But no more pissed than I was to have Western QBE telling me that the ladies insurance company (RAC) was challenging the claim at their end and that she was not admitting fault. Uhm........ WTF???? How the hell can someone be so stupid as to NOT realise that was their fault???? I am using the details I gave WQBE and what I wrote in the police report to fill in the statement form for WQBE that they mailed out to me as a formality, but I want to know, what sort of likelyhood would see me being made out to be the bad guy here worst case scenario? because this is bloody ludicrous and it's stressing me out a little ..........

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
can't be effed reading it all but if you have a dispute contact the insurance ombudsman. They fixed up a ludicrous counter claim against my other half.

PHONE
National Toll Free
(Local call fees apply)

1300 78 08 08
FAX: 9621 2060
EMAIL
[email protected]

PO Box 561, Collins St West
MELBOURNE VIC 8007
WEBSITE
IOS - Home

On another note - what's with all the threads these days starting with 'so'?

VZMAX

I THE GREAT
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz svz
hey mate congrats for the marriage..now going by your description of damage to your car(rear quarter) i would say there's no way you can be proved culprit unless she says you changed the lane in front of her withouht checking the blindspot. But u've done the right thing by reporting to the police..and yeah I had a problem where this stupid guy turned right in across me from coming towards me while I was crossing a set of traffic lights and my side of lights were green and he had a red arrow for turning right. He agreed on the spot as the police came and my car was almost a right off..but then later his insurance company refused..but fortunately I had a witness who helped me out by giving a statement..hope it works out for you..:thumbsup:

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Yeah one of the problems I had, even though it was a pretty busy road that night aswel, not a SINGLE bloody person stopped to be a witness. That's just rough.

Cheers for that vlv8vic. If it goes pear-shaped I'll be sure to hit em' up.

Last edited:

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
its standard procedure.
its not her thats denying fault, its the RACV denying fault in the hope you say that your to blame for the incident.

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Thanks for that Davway, was speaking to Western QBE about it yesterday and aparrently they (RACV) challenge ANY claims made against one of their customers.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Damn Ewok
Thats no good mate & right before ur wedding to, even better.

I just dont understand ppl like this, i really dont. Hope u get it all sorted mate:thumbsup:

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Got me car back from Western QBE today and the repair job looks goooooooood. However!!! I DID find a bit of a sag in the respray job under the drivers side wingmirror >.< it's a minor teardrop but I noticed it. Waiting for the assessor at WQBE to give me a call back regarding this. Goddamn it I really cbf being without me car for another week having to drive around me wifes Echo .......

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
heh, took it straight to the smash repairers and pointed it out to em, they cut and buffed it straight away, took bout 10 mins, looks schmick now :)

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Good to hear you got a good repair job.
Did you manage to not be at fault with the accident?