Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so whats everyones thoughts?

nitro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
it was just shown on youtube.

Looks pretty average to me...

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Inside looks very impressive to me.
You have got to admit, auto park assist across the entire range should address the average joe's complaints that the car is too big and difficult to park.
The cluster center screen looks like it has some more smarts in it.
The new Infotainment system looks like the same setup they are using in the Camaro, and new stingray Corvette.
Lane departure warning, and front collision avoidance systems are pretty technically advanced. (If the front collision system uses active braking, then thats going to be fantastic !).

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Looks ok, back is a little simple though. Will wait next weekend for the SS to get released (sneak peaks in the intro of the front bar were shown I think)...

Just wonder how much of those features will make it to the base model....

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
car has very impressive features like park assist, lane departure warning and front collision and all that other stuff but I dont not like the look of it at all just looks like a big cruze or something.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Some other goodish news for us VE owners,
The doors look like they are carry over (They dont have the creases shown in a lot of the photo shop jobs).
Which may mean (I say may, you never know until you measure things up), be able to swap the front end (Fenders, bonnet, bar, lights, etc) over to the VE models.
Rear end looks like this is a big no no though.

To be honest, I know what my next car is going to be :)
(Though it will be a couple of years before I upgrade)

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
Some other goodish news for us VE owners,
The doors look like they are carry over (They dont have the creases shown in a lot of the photo shop jobs).
Which may mean (I say may, you never know until you measure things up), be able to swap the front end (Fenders, bonnet, bar, lights, etc) over to the VE models.
Rear end looks like this is a big no no though.

To be honest, I know what my next car is going to be :)
(Though it will be a couple of years before I upgrade)

haha yeah might have to get the one of the 2016 versions before they give us the new one. ( which reports are saying will be FWD 4cl) but i think all of the the technology is amazing it makes the ve now look like a vt in regards of refinement and quality. all the tech is amazing (exept that stupid park button instead of a hand brake :bomb: ) lets hope the sport versions will be good too. so Zerone will you be upgrading your VE2 interior to VF? hahaha it would look awesome

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I like it, looks 20x better than my work car, which happens to be a Calais V. Rear end doesn't look as fat. Which people have been bitching over since the VE came out.

Overall I think it's a step in the right direction.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I will wait to see what the Sport versions look like before i comment on it's looks.

It's features list is impressive though.

Cheers.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
ye it looks nice..... but meh, its abit mundane, nothing popping out to make it look 'aggresive' as he said it was styled to...
technology side of things sounds fantastic though, hopefully the iq system has developed leaps and bounds

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
Vf commodore

it was just shown on youtube.

Looks pretty average to me...

I just love it.

Body style looks fantastic.

The VE ran far too long (almost 7 years). I just hope this is not the last model Australian built commodore.