Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so whats everyones thoughts?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Overal, I think the colour they selected for the unveil was terrible.

The one in Jezza's post looks about 1.3 billion times better.

Most aspects of the car are more sophisticated than the VE, but I think that they played it a bit safe. There is nothing that shines through as personality in this car. It's just another non-descript car on the roads.

The back, interesting I think it will grow on me.

The front, Overall I like it but the headlights could have been a little narrower to be more aggressive

The side, nice but non-descript.

Now, the interior is where it when a bit pear shaped. WAY too many buttons and 5 bloody knobs?? If I was to take this for a drive with 4 mates in the car there would be 10 knobs in the car and that, is a sausage fest.

But seriously, some clever engineering would ahve reduced the knob factor significantly, even more so given it's a touch screen. OR, if the knows wher able to be pushed in so they didn't protrude.

Can't wait to see what the SS can do with the situation and then, HSV... hopefully they so a bit nuts with it.

I can already see the HSV HUD looking like a fighter jets. :)

benjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
I don't really know what to think, the interior looks kinda cool maybe a bit boatish. All the tech sounds very cool, the dash seems way to busy knobs and things everywhere, the HUD would be bloody sweet.

I was a little disturbed seeing this angle pic of the sport, the front looks very roundish, i don't know maybe a bit like the Audi TT

I will need to actually see one in the flesh before i pass my judgment...
vfsport_zps5a48f6a0.jpg

Last edited:

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
This is why I am selling my VE and sticking to my VK now. A car is no longer a car to drive, it's a luxurious computer that drives for you whilst you play with the computer screen and rest of it. Your only slightly human controlled driving experience would be if you drive manual. And even then all the multiplate clutches promote slippage, soft gear changes and hard as he'll to stall. Power steering is the only luxury I really care for.
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

And this is why I have a CalaisV, a GSXR-750M, and access to a Fireblade 919.
If you want to be totally in control, and have a true adrenaline rush, a bike is the way to go !

However, I would be completed f!@#%^ if I had to ride any of those bikes to and from work everyday.
That's why I appreciate having something that I can jump in, and totally relax after spending 12+ Hours at work staring a computer screens cutting code.
I can't be stuffed changing cogs every 5 seconds, wrestling with non power steer, having to see a chiropractor every week due to Sydney's world famous potholes, and frying / freezing in our Summers and Winters.

Thats why there will always be a market for luxury cars like the CalaisV, and that's why there will always be a market for sports cars. Everything is a compromise.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Looks like a bloody good step up from the VE.
Reckon I might be trading in the stato in as year or so to get something new...well depending on how the hsv's look anyways

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
it looks just like a 2009 lancer or a mazda. the VE is ugly as f*** but the VF looks even worse imo.

I'm quite disappointed. I expected more from holden.

steelsabre

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ute my12
ITS THE CALAIS V.... It looks awesome... i cant wait to see the SS and Sv6, hsv etc :D

if you dont like it... go buy a ford haha

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
i like the front end and interior alot. although i am not sure of the rear end, but i am sure it will grow on me like the VE had done.

Cant wait to see the sport models next week.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Waiting for the ute version...
I like what I've see so far.

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
not overly impressed with the look, can tell that it was more aimed at being a "global car" to send it to the states, a lot of american influence in the design... they didnt leave too much commodore in it. Same view as everyone else, waiting on the showing of the SS before making too much of a decision - Calais generally is a chromed up exec/omega.

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
It actually looks better then i thought, it looks does look a bit like a camry at the front though, undecided on the back, never really loved the VE rear end so im happy its changed, wheels look like something off a BMW but anyway the extensive list of features sounds good and the interior looks great but it is a Calais , so what features and how the rest of the interior will look on a base model car is yet to be seen.

Anyway looks allright see what the SS and HSV range looks like as looks wise thats really all that matters lets be honest. Base models and non-sport models always look kinda boring and girly.