Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so whats everyones thoughts?

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't like it.

Where the VE looked purposeful, almost aggressive, the VF just looks... I dunno... watered down.

It's like they tried to design it to have such a broad appeal and fit into more than one market segment that it's lost all definition of what it should be - a family sized mile eater in a variant to suit nearly everyone.

I reserve my final judgment until I see it in the metal, but in pictures at least, I'm not sold.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
don't like the seat stripes & the 70's door lock pins on the door trim

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Looking at the pictures, I'm still trying to find something I don't like.

Just awesome. And the fact it's made to world tastes, I hope the world sees it for what it is, loves it, and buys it by the boat load, giving our workers a better future.

Good one Holden.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Whilst we have only seen the Calais V today, I afraid that Commodore has lost it's balls.

When the VE was released, it was a big brash car, which had styling that heralded back to the the VK Big Banger.....seeing that inital ad on TV when the VE broke out of the clay mould driving down a street was for me, a once in a lifetime "OMG look at that" experience. The VF appears to be a car for a the global market (fair enough Holden), but the similarities with the Malibu for me are evident in its style.

IMO the VF is the cross over model to a Malibu style car post the VF.

Will be interested to se what the SS will look like when released ths time next week. Given it will be released at Daytona, will the US version differ greatly from the Aust version i.e VE to G8?

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
I'm looking forward to seeing the VF in the flesh. The only thing i'm dreading is people putting chev badges on, even though it will be a chev in america.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
love it so far

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
Not fussed on the exterior, too much camry in the front, and too much mazda in the back. I do like how they've integrated the DRLs into the fog light area which is much better than the hsv arrangement where they look tacked on.

The interior is good though I'm not fond of the electronic handbrake and the steering wheel looks a bit too busy. I'll reserve judgement till I see it in the metal but I'd at least test drive one.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Love the generic "looks like a Camry" line. Have you guys seen the Camry?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2