Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so whats everyones thoughts?

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by nitro91, Feb 10, 2013.

1. mondo74

mondo74 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve ssv sportwagon redline
    saw pics of the ss today. it's ok, but still looks a little too 'korean' for me. like a larger cruze or something? love the new seat design and interior (minus the speedo/tacho). i'm sure once someone puts some nice wheels and gives is a more aggressive stance i'll come 'round tho.
    are they continuing with sportwagons?

2. benjo

benjo Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
    At the end of the day in 3 years time its just going to be like a 07 VE more than likely lots of problems as there is with most new models.

I just don't know about the VF, it should be jumping out at me saying how tough and cool this car is but its just not doing that for me at the moment, maybe in 2 years ile trade my 12 SS in on a new one,but for now i wouldn't touch the first of that series with a fifty foot barge poll.

3. Jesterarts

Jesterarts Your freedom ends where mine begins

Members Ride:
    2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VF looks so much better in this colour and in that spec interior. I like.

4. VY Rossi

VY Rossi New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY SS 5.7L M6
    That looks mint who wants to buy me one

5. tanner892

tanner892 New Member

Members Ride:
    07 VE SSV M6
    First SS in a while without a real spoiler

6. Dannyp

Dannyp 8ball

Members Ride:
    2008 VE SS UTE
    #### i cant wait to see the maloo!

7. Bkgts

Bkgts New Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VE GTS
  8. gsh1970

gsh1970 New Member

Members Ride:
    2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
    I agree /\ Glad they got rid of that spoiler from the VE - was too much - hope HSV don't make their VF look as tacky as the E3 with the scoops and those DRL - just my opinion of course

9. Thumpin

Thumpin Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SSV Sportwagon
    I think Holden have done a nice job. Most new shapes need to grow on me but I liked this design straight away.
    The front could loose the chrome surrounds but that would hold me back. Hopefully the price reflects current sales or maybe it will be high to help move the 2012 Ve's.

I would like to see a visual difference between the SV6, SS & SSV. The Ve's look to similar.
    HSV will have to pull their finger out to attract a market!

10. Shiny Alex

Shiny Alex New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6
    and they've got rid of the sh***y honeycomb on the rear diffuser too.

11. Loaded Dice

Loaded Dice .... Lets roll.

Members Ride:
    MY12 SSV Redline
    I like the look of the front on pics, the SS guard flute breaks the side profile up a bit but I would have preferred it keep the lines running thought the doors at the top as per the artists impressions that were floating around pre release. The back instantly reminded me of a Mitza 380 although I just googled an image and really they are not alike, it still reminds me of it anyway for some reason. The shape will no doubt grow on us all (read Holden die hards), just like when we baulked at the VL, VN, VR, VE all with their radical exterior redesign.

They have kept the radio controlled car antenna which looks out of place like a flag pole sitting on top, something a car wash is going to rip off for sure. A shark fin or similar would have been more in date, which brings me to the interior. Me, I like the color and look of the Calais in the light shades with a contrasting stripe, although the current SSV has a dark interior and I love it, I think black on black looks a bit much on the one pictured above. Having the cruise control on the steering wheel is a big plus in my book.

Given they still have issues with the current iQ system, my beef in particular being crap radio reception and bluetooth conectivity, I do wonder just how up to date the new system is. The current VE software is only compatible to iPhone 4, so if your phone is more than 2 years old, its not compatible with the Holden Bluetooth system. Who the hell has a phone OLDER than 2 years old? Why would they release a system even now that is not compatible with what is reputed to be the most popular phone on the market. Who reading this right now is more than 10m (bluetooth range) away from their mobile phone, it is such an integral part of our modern day life, why would you not spend the time ensuring its compatibility with your product and ensure that as new phones are introduced to the market, there was not some way of almost instantly updating the software to accommodate it. Having all the bells and whistles is one thing, but having them work straight up and be somewhat futureproof is another.

The media centre looks crowded with so many buttons and knobs, I guess it is lucky it has lane departure warning to alert you cos you are watching the screen and not the road - happens now with the iQ (trying to get the bloody phone to pair properly) so having more distractions is bound to have a similar result. Hopefully it is far more flexible and allows expansion for future technologies this time, something that the current iQ system should be capable of given it runs on a Windows platform, it needs far more personality and functions that people actually want, not just the bare bones like we have now.

I am a little set back that Holden may have an up to date car, especially in the entertainment area and other present day gadgetry ie lane departure, auto park etc, but it really is just a collation of current ideas out there in much cheaper cars, they haven't really brought anything new or pioneering to the table this time. How about things like 'community cruise' where your car talks to other cars on the road and maintains the same speed at a similar distance, instead of having to constantly adjust up or down a couple of kmph when on cruise on the freeway to negotiate other cars. This would also bring the ability to communicate with other cars via handsfree over bluetooth. How about the ability to bang a sim card in to give your car wireless internet access to its passengers, or even tether with your phone instantly (similar to pairing with bluetooth now) to give the same result. Mirrored phone content on the display, etc etc etc. Why does Holden follow the pack with this car, they have world class engineers who did a stellar job with the VE, but spend the next 6 years copying other peoples work. There is an enormous amount of things people can do with 3rd party entertainment systems, why not incorporate these into the stock head unit, even on the higher end cars, seriously I wonder what the A/V team at Holden / GMH do with the other 364 days of the year after they create the current already out of date equipment.

It will be good to see if they have listened or learned from those who buy the sports models in the past to see if they bring them out with good adjustable suspension (for both ride comfort and height) and a good exhaust note from the factory, even if only as an option. I know spoiler removal is the go these days, I prefer to keep it on the sports models, even if a lower profile, but I'm not sure I'm liking the dicky thing on the boot of the SS above, it really does look to be an after thought to me. I see on the first SSV pic is has the old MY10 SSV rims on it, the other pic has a much better looking set on it, even if very close to the MY11, but the rims pictured on the Chev SS certainly look the goods. Again, I hope they have listened and learned from the mods people have made straight up to their existing lines and offer something right from the factory that you don't then start ripping it to pieces when you get it home from the showroom.

At the end of the day, they have produced a car for the world market, promoting the same features (or less) as a Hyundai i30 or Toyota Yarris came out with last year and expect it to dominate the world market. I do hope for the sake of the people employed within GMH that is does do well, but I don't think it is enough for me to rush out and buy one.

12. GoodTimes

GoodTimes New Member

Members Ride:
    2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
    Man those bumpers are going to cost a fortune to replace.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

13. nitro91

nitro91 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve ssv
    i think anything in that car will cost a fortune to replace.
    too many electronics, all the more chance for expensive servicing and maintenance

14. freefallin

freefallin Member

Members Ride:
    VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
    It looks like a Mazda 6, Chevy Malibu, VW Passat hybrid to me. Not feeling it especially the rear end. No aggressiveness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. waynebatt

waynebatt Only milk should be 2L

Members Ride:
    2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
    Looks to me like you just looked for a car that is a similar colour to holdens Calais-V and are trying to tell us all that it looks like that. It looks absolutely nothing like that Passat to me. It has 4 wheels and is painted a shade of silver. Thats pretty much it!

16. freefallin

freefallin Member

Members Ride:
    VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
    The below AND and overall look. Imagine seeing the two i few cars ahead of you while driving down a street...you will not instantly and without a doubt say "COMMODORE!". It basically doesnt stand out...like say the charger.
    But i guess you need brains to think that much.

Attached Files:

17. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SS
    all people posting comparison pics here have rocks in their heads.....

cars are like clothes...

in reality all the same but all different as well...

go back to school...lunchtime over !

18. Troy711

Troy711 Retired Old Fart Staff Member

Members Ride:
    2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
    So the design is stolen, everything's stolen these days! Why the fax machine is nothing but a waffle iron with a phone attached!

19. Loaded Dice

Loaded Dice .... Lets roll.

Members Ride:
    MY12 SSV Redline
    So I saw a car at the lights yesterday and thought I was seeing the VF for the flesh for the first time. It wasn't, but my heart sank a little when I saw what it was. So I just googled an image of the phantom car and put it with a VF for comparison. Does anyone care to guess what the white car is? And what do you think, similar or is it just similar head lights playing with my mind?

[​IMG]

20. aaronevolution

aaronevolution Donating Member

Members Ride:
    TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
    The grill says Skoda to me.