Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so whats everyones thoughts?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
If the price is right it may actually be time to trade the old Statesman in. I'll wait at least 12 months though once all of the teething problems are sorted and I can get a decent second hand model as I refuse to buy new again.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
ok so reading this thread, it looks like a:

- merc
- malibu
- camry
- BMW
- mazda
- cruze
- jaguar

if u cant nail down what it looks like its safe to say it has its own style and everyone is just looking for something to compare it to.

and as a few ppl have said ill reserve judgement til the sports models r shown

Last edited:

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Saw some pics (VF Calis) that Walkinshaw posted on their FB page this morning.

From all the concept photos that were floating around, the over all look (Chiefly the tail lights & grill) aren't want I was expecting. As far as the Calis goes, I think it looks rather European & classy BUT it does look like a big Cruise.

I don't mind the interior as it is an update.

Looking forward to seeing final images of the VF SS & more importantly, the HSV variants.

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
Love the generic "looks like a Camry" line. Have you guys seen the Camry?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes.

1st pic - Holden Front
2nd pic - Camry Front
3rd pic - Holden Back
4th pic - Camry Back

I still like the car, but it definetely resembles a camry imo.

Attachments

• 2012-Toyota-Camry-Front.jpg
    2012-Toyota-Camry-Front.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 438
  • CAMRY BACK.jpg
    CAMRY BACK.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 429
  • VF BACK.jpg
    VF BACK.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,323
  • VF FRONT.jpg
    VF FRONT.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 804

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
It's a Jaguar XF... Without a doubt the front/side view is TOTALLY Jag. Bonnet even has the exact same lines.
images

with Colorado shaped headlights, Cruze shaped taillights (both hideous), new Mazda 6 boot and rear bumper... and NOTHING from the Camry.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I like it. Bring on the SSV / HSV!

ok so reading this thread, it looks like a:

- merc
- malibu
- camry
- BMW
- mazda
- cruze

if u cant nail down what it looks like its safe to say it has its own style and everyone is just looking for something to compare it to.

lol exactly what I was thinking. Don't forget to add Jaguar to that list!

If it looks like so many cars (I can't really see it), then it must be pretty unique.

Anyway, it would be so difficult / impossible to come out with a car that has no part of it resembling anything else.

Craterface

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV GTS
Looks better than I expected, was thinking the front and rear being oval shaped like the cruze would not match the VE doors and look like add on's, but from what I can tell it looks like it flows well from front to rear. Can't wait for the SS/HSV versions as the Calias has to much chrome for my liking. You can tell Holden had the US market in mind with all that chrome!

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Everyone will end up loving it like most previous models. I didn't like the VS when it came out, i thought the VP Calais 5L was the best thing since sliced bread... ended loving my VS SS and my VT SS ( which i thought was ugly to start with also )

Then when the VE came out i thought i would still have my VZ SS as i just didn't click with the new VE SS... So now i love my VE R8 but i will prob end up with a VF especially if it is going to be the last rwd V8 Holden will sell....

Last edited:

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I don't like the styling on the model shown so far and i don't know how they can get it so wrong.

The rear definitely looks like some Japanese car and the front, with that large semi - ugly grille, looks like a half a dozen other American made compacts with similar styling. If that is what they were trying to achieve then they have hit the nail on the head.

I will reserve final judgement on styling until I see the other models - especially the sport versions.

For now I am very glad to have the 2012 VE daily driver because I love the styling especially when compared to all the Japanese and Korean 4 cyl cars with, for the most part, their grandma styling.

As for all the new electronics, they are fine as long as they keep working.