Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so whats everyones thoughts?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
is it just me, but it just SCREAMS BMW fromt the front doors forward, design of the wheels and all

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Highly doubt ute and sportwagon are going to see many/if any changes to their rear ends, the video from the unveiling where they show the test mules driving through mountains you can see a sportwagon, and the rear lights look the same..... :|

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
When I saw that Youtube vid I was waiting for something special.

My initial response is the same as the crowds reaction at 37 minutes 13 seconds.

Holden 2013 VF Commodore Live Reveal Event Video - YouTube

2013_holden_vf_calais_v_07-0210-460x272.jpg

Images can be found here:
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/55...-unveiled-ahead-of-second-quarter-sales-debut

Last edited:

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
I like it and look forward to seeing it when the dealers get some.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Looks like a Merc! I wonder what the stereo system will be like?

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
i think it looks great and the features bring it into line with other large sedans and its good to see it get head up display as its a great feature.

styling wise its a nice design but i think they could have picked a better launch colour like the 2 picture i found on the Wheels website or in white.

To me the VE has been out a bit to long and style wise is dated a lot looking at it compared to this and for the people saying it looks to much like a cruze or a camry need to have there eyes checked. Most car companies these days already have vehicles that look similar like with mitsubishi and how almost every model has the lancer front end and how subaru have the same box ugly front across all models except for the dated wrx.

Attachments

• vf calais v  1.jpg
    vf calais v 1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,226
  • vf calais v  2.jpg
    vf calais v 2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,578

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
Inside looks very impressive to me.
You have got to admit, auto park assist across the entire range should address the average joe's complaints that the car is too big and difficult to park.
The cluster center screen looks like it has some more smarts in it.
The new Infotainment system looks like the same setup they are using in the Camaro, and new stingray Corvette.
Lane departure warning, and front collision avoidance systems are pretty technically advanced. (If the front collision system uses active braking, then thats going to be fantastic !).

This is why I am selling my VE and sticking to my VK now. A car is no longer a car to drive, it's a luxurious computer that drives for you whilst you play with the computer screen and rest of it. Your only slightly human controlled driving experience would be if you drive manual. And even then all the multiplate clutches promote slippage, soft gear changes and hard as he'll to stall. Power steering is the only luxury I really care for.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
GM are after a car that can compete on the world stage. With the VF, they will. The VE S2 began to look like a car that could do that, but the VF is worlds ahead.

One thing I don't really like is the grille, but I expect something sportier and aggressive for the SS/SV6. I reckon I'll be upgrading in a few years.