Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So who is going Cruise For Chairty 9?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
I went today. Got to the first meet point nice and early so missed all the traffic going on. Parked the ute and watched all the nice cars roll in...
Then when it was departure time I sit in idling lines for about an hour just to get out of la trobe meet point. Got about 10 minutes of no traffic cruising before I got stuck in the notorious calder freeway traffic jam. Waited for about 30mins and after only moving 2M or so I packed it in, had a gutfull. Was about 150M from an exit so I jumped in the emergency lane like 100 other people, took the exit and went home. Paid my money for the charity and got to see a lot of nice cars at the first meet point, so wasn't all bad...

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350814062.741047.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350814074.995777.jpg

There was tonnes of people done..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Wow there is some serious negativity on this fourm...

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
mate, the only reason there is negativity is because its a miss managed event, and if you go you have a high chance of
1: sitting in traffic burning fuel
2: getting un wanted police attention or a defect
3: being in a fender bender
4: driving all that way and be told to turn around and go home cause you can't get in.

Look im all for the concept but the cops and lack of planning ruin it. So untill its fixed i wont be going to Defect for Charity, not in Vic anyways

PhatCommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VR Wagon
Coming over from Adelaide with a few mates, we all had a good time on the cruise. We managed to get around most of the traffic jams so it worked out ok for us. Lots of nice cars there too.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
mate, the only reason there is negativity is because its a miss managed event, and if you go you have a high chance of
1: sitting in traffic burning fuel
2: getting un wanted police attention or a defect
3: being in a fender bender
4: driving all that way and be told to turn around and go home cause you can't get in.

Look im all for the concept but the cops and lack of planning ruin it. So untill its fixed i wont be going to Defect for Charity, not in Vic anyways

I really think its time for a break-away event. Still raising money for the same charity, just giving people another option. Maybe JC needs to jump on board.