Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So, Who's Actually Buying One?

gavpav

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SSV Redline W375
Hoping to get a 2016 SS in "Perfect Blue" if they still have the colour available. This would be my 5th Commodore after owning a VC , VN ,VX and my VE. I love em!

Stuff Holden if they go front wheel drive on the Commodore after 2016......they should not be allowed to still call it a Commodore

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure its customary to drive a car before you buy it. :p

I bought my VE without driving it. And had never in the past driven a VE.

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
i am getting one once i see the SS variant if it appeals i dont mind the front at all the back however needs something more so waiting to see the SS on thursday then ill decide

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Unfortunately it does nothing for me. Although it'll be interesting to see the SS and HSV's.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hoping to get a 2016 SS in "Perfect Blue" if they still have the colour available. This would be my 5th Commodore after owning a VC , VN ,VX and my VE. I love em!

Stuff Holden if they go front wheel drive on the Commodore after 2016......they should not be allowed to still call it a Commodore

According to reports at the press conference Michael Devereux said that RWD is in Commodore's DNA with a wink straight after refusing to confirm which platform and weather it would be RWD/FWD. Read into that what you will :unsure:

Reaper

gavpav

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SSV Redline W375
Reaper,
That gets me worried. What options do we have if it is a FWD? Probably won't even be a Ford equivalent available then either. I might start thinking of riding a Motorbike again.
Fingers crossed Holden will keep the Commodore RWD. I think I would lose my Mojo.....
Regards Gav

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Reaper,
That gets me worried. What options do we have if it is a FWD? Probably won't even be a Ford equivalent available then either. I might start thinking of riding a Motorbike again.
Fingers crossed Holden will keep the Commodore RWD. I think I would lose my Mojo.....
Regards Gav

I don't think it will be FWD. The common gossip is based on the Alpha platform but I'm not sure about that either. I reckon it may be Omega. The pieces will fit the puzzle as Holden is taking the Commodore more upmarket with the new Malibu to fit the fleet and bottom end of the market. As I have posted before, a lot is on the head of the VF. If it finds a market with Chevrolet then the future will be quite good as the NA CAFE rules will mean it's nothing more than a small niche for GM but good (profitable) volume for Holden.

Reaper

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
They'ved moved the cruise control away from the indicator stalk (good!)

They've moved the power windows switches away from the cup holders and onto the drivers door (good!)

They've gotten rid of that bloody pathetic quality handbrake (good!)

Problems? Holden are introducing a heck of a lot of new toys, which WILL break - which holden service, dealers, head office and the customer support hotline WILL NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX! That scares me.

I would need to see one in the flesh before deciding to buy one. You shouldnt be blinded by the new toys if the quality is still crap (particularly the interior). Seeing it, feeling it, etc will help no ends.