Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So, Who's Actually Buying One?

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6

There is a distinctive HSV look to it isn't there. Very aggressive front end with similar shapes and angles to the E3. I still can't get into those tail lights though. Here's to hoping HSV redo the tail lights again.

Overall though, I'm impressed. No the same feeling when I saw the VE sports models, but still impressed.

EDIT

It actually reminds me a lot of the Statesman range during the VT-VX era. And, it actually looks like they've done away with the large rear spoiler on the sports models. A way of refining it and smoothing it out I suppose.

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Sorry Holden, but you'll need to do better for those who are looking primarily at performance rather than brand loyalty. FG G6E turbo, F6, or GT for me.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Has anyone heard anything about performance? I haven't heard anything at all.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Sorry Holden, but you'll need to do better for those who are looking primarily at performance rather than brand loyalty. FG G6E turbo, F6, or GT for me.

So chassis balance and suspension capability is not important to you?

Reaper

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
dont forget that what you see now is not necessarily what you get, for example below is a vid of the 2006 Sydney Motorshow with the just unveiled VE - the wheels on it are MY12

Last edited by a moderator:

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Can't wait to see the SSV Sportwagon to see what the ass-end copped. The sedan looks $hit hot and it appears that many of the SII quirks tried to be addressed. Hopefully the interior materials are a little more robust this time.
6.2 Ltr, 310 KW, Brembo's, HID lights, instruments you can read, leather console lid, larger side mirrors, thinner A pillar design, stereo upgrade! The designers maybe reading JC more than we know...
I wonder if the auto trans has received any refining? Bloody hope so...

Anyone looking for a mint SII SSV Wagon?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
dont forget that what you see now is not necessarily what you get, for example below is a vid of the 2006 Sydney Motorshow with the just unveiled VE - the wheels on it are MY12

Wheels looks like SuporSports tio me...

Last edited by a moderator:

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Can't wait to see the SSV Sportwagon to see what the ass-end copped. The sedan looks $hit hot and it appears that many of the SII quirks tried to be addressed. Hopefully the interior materials are a little more robust this time.
6.2 Ltr, 310 KW, Brembo's, HID lights, instruments you can read, leather console lid, larger side mirrors, thinner A pillar design, stereo upgrade! The designers maybe reading JC more than we know...
I wonder if the auto trans has received any refining? Bloody hope so...

Anyone looking for a mint SII SSV Wagon?

from what i heard the wagon & ute rear ends will be the same