Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So....who's been done over easter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
LOL, no post count in the pub. If there was I would be off the scale :w00t:

Oh, nice attempt at baiting me too :D

Last time i checked this wasnt the pub.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Sashyre, he didnt make excuses to why he didnt, so i think you should get off ya high horse, and chill out.

This post starts with the comment Geez thanks for the simpathy mate.. in reply to Stealthy laughing at his thread, followed by a long rant at why he had no money to register the car.

Have a fantastic Easter and don't eat too much chocolate - it might make you sick! :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You said it. Warrnambool is crazy atm. :bang:
To the op, sounds like you're having a pretty lousy time of it. Still, driving an unreg car is asking for trouble on any given day but on easter, deadly:whistling

They smashed the all time record meals where my wife works last night, 360 I think for the day a normal non toursit day is more like 100, shes reckons they might be on for even more tonight

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I've seen SO many people getting done over the long weekend. In fact, a Nissan Skyline got flashed right next to me on Alexandra Pde coming out of the city. He must've been doing about 80 in a 60 zone. Silly prick got flashed up the next set of lights about 100m down the road, too :p :rofl:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
haha sucker, be thankful you got fined and you didnt hit someones 200k mercedes.

Did 750 km's in last 3 days, not once pulled over. Loads of police pulling over other tossers though which is great to see.
I'm the same... I only saw 2 cops, 1 in Cooma doing RBTs and another on the highway coming home

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Gees, I love the "holier than thou" attitude certain members of this forum display, as if they had NEVER done anything illegal, irresponsible or stupid, and been caught at it.

It was dumb to drive an unregistered car, because if you had hit someone, the cost to you might have ruined you financially. But I've done it in years gone by, taking a calculated risk, driving a car that I had spent four years restoring and wanting to ensure it was roadworthy before putting it over the pits. Hell, I needed to know the brakes would even work, so I drove the car with no rego, no insurance and took the risk. I could test the lights, the horn, wipers, indicators, all electricals in the garage, but how would I know the brakes would operate as they were meant to, that the exhaust was not going to rattle under the car, that the transmission was in good order....

No excuses, and no sympathy sought. I knew the risk but couldn't see any other way of knowing.

Didn't get caught, but that was probably because I was careful, only drove at night, didn't travel far and made sure that nothing would draw attention to the car for the wrong reasons.

So I'm not going to lecture, because I did the same thing.

And I'll bet some of the puritans here have done things they were bloody lucky to get away with, too.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
You would pay for a day permit to register your car, like everyone else has to when they want to drive an unrego'd car.

Not sure what your on about with the 'havn't done anything wrong' attitude thing, no-one here has said i'm completely fine free and a perfect driver, all they said is this guy is an idiot for knowingly driving without rego.

Sure, if you have something come up in life that distracts you, fair enough, but he said he knew he was out of rego, but money went to other things. **** situation the be in, yes, but not much you can do about it.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
probably done around 400k's of driving this weekend, pulled up for an RBt, no big deal. that was it.

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
do they drug test at every rbt these days???

i havent been pulled over for a rbt anywhere since 1997 on the end of melbourne street so i wouldnt have a clue....

heard they test all the time but someone else told me it cost them 30 bucks a test so they only do it on suspected red eyed dudes????

only ever been through 2 rbt's in my life

Status
Not open for further replies.