Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So....who's been done over easter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

2001_VXSS

keepin' it real
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Series II
well i saw i think 2 or 3 defects last nite on MCK. but thats bout it, went throught 3 RBT's but all good.

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
My car has stayed in the driveway all weekend because my CAS has gone and got a brake line leaking, otherwise I may of been done. Alot of my friends etc have had their cars canaried (defected) this weekend for really stupid stuff. Ah well I guess thats typical of Baw Baw TMU!

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hand's up anyone who got stung over the Easter break. I was fined $500 for having an un-registered vehicle. no excuses, just being stupid taking risks, and yeah finally got caught.-at the worst time!!:cry:

have to say this but thats ur own fault, should have registered the car b4 u went out.

haha sucker, be thankful you got fined and you didnt hit someones 200k mercedes.

Did 750 km's in last 3 days, not once pulled over. Loads of police pulling over other tossers though which is great to see.

Here here, Minux.

The amount of drivers ive heard that have been caught doing stupid thing on the road is unbelivable.
Dont ppl learn, its not rocket science:bang::bang:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
To those who think its a minor thing to not rego your car, & drive it, not only is it a fine here in SA for unreg, & another for uninsured, its also a criminal offence.

To add to that, here in SA atleast, hitting the 200K vehicle/property is one thing, what about the medical..... heaven help you if you injured or killed someone.... the insurance on rego is for bodily injury...

I placed driving unrego high up on the stupidity list. Even as a single parent when times were tough etc, if I couldnt rego my car, then I didnt drive it. There is no bullshit reasons to not do it.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
I got pulled over for being too low, my my my the disappointed look on officer Pigworths face when he couldn't sting me for anything was great.

I was let off with a warning to keep my speed down, its a 50km street and i was doing 35km. How much slower do i go?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Ive seen heeps of cops around deception Bay /redcliffe area north of Brisbane and got pulled over especially for Rbt when I was pulling out from a park ,but I got some compliments from them about the car ,but a lot of others mainly ricers havent been so lucky
But I did see a mobile speed camra speeding (the irony) and started a thread on it

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You would pay for a day permit to register your car, like everyone else has to when they want to drive an unrego'd car.

Not sure what your on about with the 'havn't done anything wrong' attitude thing, no-one here has said i'm completely fine free and a perfect driver, all they said is this guy is an idiot for knowingly driving without rego.

Sure, if you have something come up in life that distracts you, fair enough, but he said he knew he was out of rego, but money went to other things. **** situation the be in, yes, but not much you can do about it.

Hey Stealth

You seem to keep forgetting that States vary regarding rego laws. No such thing as "day permit" in NSW and never has been. In this state, you DON'T drive unregistered cars except to and from a Registry or inspection station for the purpose of registration. I could have done that, but how could I be sure the car was even able to be driven if it had'nt been on the road for nearly eight years, and was a stripped out, engineless shell when I started on it? As I said though, I knew the risks and was never about to make excuses - if I'd been caught, I had only myself to blame.

Regarding the "holier than thou" bit, there are a few members who just love to dump on people here because they have done something dumb. Haven't we all at some time? So why bucket them?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I'll comment - OP if you can't afford the costs of owning and maintaining a car then you shouldn't be driving it, especially unregistered... if you couldn't afford to put money away or have the foresight to save up in advance instead of leaving it until the last minute then don't own a car - you can't afford it (and also, how can you afford petrol?). Driving a car unregistered you put yourself at risk, and ended up paying the price... you could have nearly got one years rego for the price of the fine.

Though to answer your question I didn't see one police officer though the only driving I did was to the hospital and back (4km total all up each day for 3 days), we just had a baby.

Why do I (and the other members) comment? Because by posting this on a public space you're asking for it. I've done heaps of stupid stuff but I'm not going to go on here and tell any of you about them or expect sympathy, if I did I would get the same comments from people like me.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hey VS Omega

That's a pretty fair comment and I agree with your final paragraph.

The only reason I'm prepared to admit my mistakes is that I made them a long time ago, was young and not particularly responsible at the time, and have wisened up with age.

Would I do the same thing today?

Not on your life!

Explosions Hurt

'05 VZ SV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV8
I got clocked at 74 in a 50 zone, got pulled over with lights and even sirens, made lots of noise. Could plainly see the cops flashing lights as it was 1am.

$170 fine and 35 demerits. My demerits now sit at 90 and at 100 good bye license

Status
Not open for further replies.