Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So, you want to keep your stock headunit....

Ninety3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Ill open up this thread again :)

I have a VX Calais and want to lose the Maestro series headunit, but keep the factory speakers including the small amp and 2x8" subs.

I have an adaptor loom from supercheap, (not that its hard wiring and soldering them together - but im lazy) which is fine for the main plug, but im wondering how to get the smaller plug, which I am pretty sure runs the subs wired up to work.

Can anyone help with this? I have spent about 4 hours reading countless forums and scoured google for a wiring diagram but no joy...

In the middle pic, the plug im talking about it the one thats unplugged, at the top right. It has 5 wires, so im assuming +/- Left channel and +/- Right channel and remote (amp activation wire). I checked them all with a test light, and one lit up. Weird thing is, when I unplugged it, both the wire and the terminal both lit up when tested, which seems wrong... :hmmm:

Attachments

• IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 244

Pecker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stato International 02
Just double checking so i don't ruin my car ( stato int ls8)

The plan: Install Alpine type r 12 inch ( 600rms) and appropriate amp ( more than likely mono).

Can i use a mono amp via this method?

tap into my rear 8" factory sub, run to a loc, then to the new mono amp.