Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So, you want to keep your stock headunit....

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Option1
If your car has the factory 6x9's then install a hi-lo convertor off of those speaker wires and run them into a four channel amp. Lower the gain running to the stock speakers and use the remaining two channels to power the sub. Upgrade 6x9's if you have the cash and put a bit more gain into them.

Option2
If your car doesn't have the catory 6x9's then install the hi-lo convertor off of the front speakers and run the RCA leads down to the 4 channel amp in the rear and power the front splits off of the amp and use the remaining two channels to power the sub. Upgrade splits if you have the cash and put a bit more gain into them.

Option3
Install two hi-lo level convertors and run the RCA's down to a 5channel Amp and run the whole system off it. Upgrade the remaining speakers if you have the Cash, 6x9's first (if none the upgrade splits) then rear door speakers.

Option4
GO FREAKING NUTS! (my favourite, clears a whole day out for me )
install hi-lo level convertors run the rca's down to a 4channel amp with a pre amp output. Come out of the pre-amp outputs in to another amplifier and power several subs off of that. If going this step I would strong advise upgrading all speakers and doing the job properly.

Also, PM Phreddy you has created a great little device that is much better then Hi-Lo Convertors for the Blaupunkt head units.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Thanks for the recommendation Mate!!

To those interested, I've created another thread with a PDF attachment - a 3 page introductory ramble about this very project.

Hey King, hope you're doing OK over there! Take care of yourself, catchya around the place...

Cheerz!

B

brockyslovechild

Stereo Install Success!

I finally got around to installing Amp and subs in me VYSS 02 yesterday, and thanx to your info, the system sounds extremely bloody good. I installed converter on front speaker lines as you suggested, split rca's so I could run into me 4 channel Kicker amp, then run factory front slpits off amp, 2 remaining channels for 2x12" Rockford subs(which I wired in series), so as to put less stress on amp!

I can not believe how good the factory splits sound running off amp. If you heard them, you wouldn't believe me! I'm a happy little camper , I'VE GOT BASS AGAIN!! I was going to sell my amps and subs when I got me SS, cause I was turned off mucking around with factory steering wheel controls and stuff. But after reading alot of 12Voltking posts on here, I was confident I could do the job easily! And I did! It took me roughly all day to do, but I did it properly and it all looks neat and tidy. So to those out there who are contiplating doing as I have, back yourself and have a go. Take your time when doing things, and if you get stuck or lost you can always get your answers from guys like 12voltking. I did!!

Cheers!!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Glad to be of service to you BrockyJr.

M

mixer_meso

Lol Ray,

We go freaking nuts. Every time. If a jobs worth doing you gotta do it right. So. remind me again why we did my boot install?

Mixer_Meso

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Welcome to THE forums Josh.

The ONLY forum to be.

Who knows as to why we did your boot install...still trying to figure that one out myself.

oh BTW folks. Mixer_meso is the Melbourne mobile installer for 12Volt King Installations and will be "taking care of business" whilst I'm in the states. Seeing as I won't be online much for the next three months I'm hoping he can also help out here in the forums....

I haven't told him that yet! :rofl:

M

mixer_meso

12Voltking said:
I'm hoping he can also help out here in the forums....

I haven't told him that yet! :rofl:

Erg.... i guess it will be ok. :b:

OMR001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu s ss
where can you get those high low converters cheap i have a vu ss ute and stock stezza . I have a JL 12 inch which i will cut the box down to fit behind the seat and wire a earth and power and amp on (actually what colour wire is it that turns the amp on and is it in the factory loom behind head unit?) thanks for the tips!

vt2nv

Reaction score
hey mate ive got a vt and ive just bought a 10 inch sub and a 1 chanel amp is it posible for me to connect these to my car without making modifications to my stok head unit and speakers and if so how wil i do it information regarding this will be much appreciated thanks

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
not really, there are no "spare" channels to connect your sub to and splitting a channel would be less than ideal.
it would be best to get phreddy to mod the h/u so that you could run the sub off some rca's connected to the rear channel. this would leave the fronts fully functional yet your would have to balence the front and rear spekaers then tune the sub to suit.
beter yet just get a 4 channel and line driver/eq!