Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social sports

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
beach volleyball + indoor cricket

walkahz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Wagon
If you have the Money Go Kart racing! Its not the same as the crappy hire karts. Over 100kmh at the end of the straight! And it is sposed to be non contact at least.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys, cheers for all the great suggestions. Much appreciated!

I am in Brisbane on the Northside. What is this kickit touch S.T.K.E?

So far some of the idea's that really grab my interest would be any form of rugby, rowing and possibly the surfing. Indoor sports are decent but i like the idea of running around in the sun. Ping pong would be thoroughly enjoyable but I wouldn't expect to get overly fit doing that, although it may be surprisingly difficult!

Go kart racing would be the most fun but that would cost more than I am willing to part with unfortunately. As crazy as it sounds I would love to get into some boxing training minus the sparring obviously. Anyone here involved in boxing training as a hobby?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I use to race BMX. Just don't come off and you will be fine lol

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Martial arts is a great non contact sport. You just have to get really good at it 1st before it becomes non contact for you and contact for the other dude lol. FFS, non contact sports dammit!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys, cheers for the info. I finally get motivated to get back into sports and I managed to tear some tendons in my hand. No go for a couple of weeks! Am going to research a lot of the above suggestions further!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
when you say "social"... do you mean "a good way to meet chicks", or "a good way to widen your circle of friends" ?

if its a) mixed touch footy or mixed netball. sweat + inadvertent body contact + team sports = opportunity.
if its b) basketball, touch footy, bowling (not really a sport, but a good social ice breaker).

the good thing with social level is that you dont have to be good at it. just keen to give it a go.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
when you say "social"... do you mean "a good way to meet chicks", or "a good way to widen your circle of friends" ?

if its a) mixed touch footy or mixed netball. sweat + inadvertent body contact + team sports = opportunity.
if its b) basketball, touch footy, bowling (not really a sport, but a good social ice breaker).

the good thing with social level is that you dont have to be good at it. just keen to give it a go.

Cheers for the reply mate. I should have chosen a better word than social. I meant social as in something that is a bit of a laugh and not overly strict. Open to all sorts of sports with nothing to do with meeting chicks or people or anything like that. Just something to keep me half fit!

So many options! Many people here play a sport in Brisbane?

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
You could try rowing mate,
It is expensive, but when I was rowing it was #### loads of fun,
You'll get way fitter aswell especially if rowing in regatta's.
Only way anything is gonna go near your head is if you crab your oar really badly and it hits you in the face (this will only happen if you row sweep oar), or if someone in the group isn't pulling their weight :D

haha i once copped an oar to the head and the oar broke when i was rowing in a coxed quad, was in 2 seat.

needless to say that i wasnt happy after that, but it was 100m from the line and we were safely into the a final so it wasnt a massive deal.