Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social's Implusive 6L VZ Thunder

matsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
Goottta love that blue vz. What are you planning on doing for Wheels when you get new ones?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Goottta love that blue vz. What are you planning on doing for Wheels when you get new ones?

Probably putting the new ones on the car haha, VY R8 Clubsport 19s (in white) or the avanti tourers in blue are high up on the list, but if something clicks in 19s il jump on it when im ready, hating these 17s.. crappy tyres dont make for nice highway driving

matsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
Probably putting the new ones on the car haha, VY R8 Clubsport 19s (in white) or the avanti tourers in blue are high up on the list, but if something clicks in 19s il jump on it when im ready, hating these 17s.. crappy tyres dont make for nice highway driving

Yeah nice, i've always wanted white rims but never had the balls to do it hah. I reckon It'd look sick, should charge it for sure!

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
have a friend of a friend ive heard of has a canary yellow thunder 6L thats s/c... crazy power output..

I dont need that kind of power tbh, 300rwkw will be plenty, or if i avoid the cam, just the OTR CAI, maffless tune, advance extractors and what that puts out

matsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
have a friend of a friend ive heard of has a canary yellow thunder 6L thats s/c... crazy power output..

I dont need that kind of power tbh, 300rwkw will be plenty, or if i avoid the cam, just the OTR CAI, maffless tune, advance extractors and what that puts out

True that, i'm receiving a government bonus soon, which will be going straight towards a an OTRCAI and a dyno tune.. Would love to chuck a real lumpy cam in it, but the fuel consumption is a killer.. i already struggle to get 350 kms to a tank haha.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
im on 350kms to a tank atm.. Its almost worth dropping a tear or two over, id like an extra 50-80kms and id be fine, im sure that il get that after the mods though, efficiency and power would have to go up surely..

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Nice ute,

what brand is the twin 2.5" exhaust that you have and would you recommend it.

I'm in the market for an exhaust for my 6L thunder
thanks mate,

It was put in by Everlast Mufflers here in SA, its twin piping from the X piece after the headers, each pipe has a single muffler, flows really well, i think one of the mufflers says supercat? Either way the main style i would go for is definitly 2.5" and Definitly twin pipes and only 1 muffler per side. It has a nice cruise note to it, nothing crazy, but when you give it some stick she roars very nice. I cant wait to get the advanced headers and high flow cats in to set it right off!

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Thanks for the advice, I've spoken to a local exhaust shop that said they can do a 2.5" for $600, $1200 with hi-flow cats which i'm still 50/50 on.

Do you get much drone in a ute?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
600 is a fair price n high flow cats go for around 300ea so he's on the money, I'd get it all done plus extractors If u haven't already to finish it right off