Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social's Implusive 6L VZ Thunder

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
might do, will just get comfortable with the car for now, few tweaks need to be done, keep getting the drivetrain malf. flashing at me, did yesterday took back to dealer got rectified as o2 sensor and was cleaned maybe? and code reset, now its gone off again, theyl need to replace it i recon. Also a hint of coolant in through vents? i have a very keen sense of smell when in a car bout that so.. yeah i hope i havent gone and got a dud.. i remember looking at a silver ssz ute bout a year ago, only auto tho, my thunder makes it look like a crappy toy now that i think about it and that car was like 28g

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Whey I picked up mine I had some teething issues I had the dealer sort out.

1. The speedo was out... the 4.11's where put in but no one calibrated the speedo so I was going 60kmph but speedo was showing 80kmph lol.

2. Had some cold start issues with the tune

3. Rear end was a bit loose and they found a bent control arm, so that was all replaced.

4. CD played died shortly after I got it so they replaced that

5. The thrust bearing was making a terrible ruckus, so they took the box out, fixed that and they re did all the seals while it was out.

I think that is inherant of buying any 2nd had car.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Whey I picked up mine I had some teething issues I had the dealer sort out.

1. The speedo was out... the 4.11's where put in but no one calibrated the speedo so I was going 60kmph but speedo was showing 80kmph lol.

2. Had some cold start issues with the tune

3. Rear end was a bit loose and they found a bent control arm, so that was all replaced.

4. CD played died shortly after I got it so they replaced that

5. The thrust bearing was making a terrible ruckus, so they took the box out, fixed that and they re did all the seals while it was out.

I think that is inherant of buying any 2nd had car.

yeah 2nd hand always has its trips, i bought from a private dealership so im hoping the professionalism extends completely the way it should like a manufacturer dealership. i have 3mnths to claim any problems, if things need replacing, they get replaced, thats it, i didnt pay $X for car with problems

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Very nice car mate, love the SSZ wheels they are so clean. Could never understand leather seats in a ute though...ute's get roughed up alot more than the everyday sedan...I have a feeling theres going to be alot of TLC needed to keep those seats in good nick?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Nah il chuck covers on at some stage but it won't be a work horse of that sort, shel b well looked after ;)

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
had read through your how to before the post was put up mate, clever idea, im not really game at taking her apart just yet, later down the track but its a sweet idea, i was going to consider a foam expandant (not expandafoam which set solid) but something pumped in with a need into the bolster side to bring it up solid again, but then again definitly down the track, cheers tho

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Already lined up a set of i believer SL or SSL's for the back for $30 score :D

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
That is a steal, any other idea's for it?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
i recon hey, stoked, yeah towbar is all for now, once i get the funds together i SUPPOSE the engine mods will begin...