Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social's Implusive 6L VZ Thunder

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
It's already lowered that was an older pic, and pretty set on
Those ones for now

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Thought id spray the crappy temporary 17s i had gloss black looks pretty good, heres some stages and final result:

After a good clean and light sand
attachment.php

Eteched Primer
attachment.php

First Coat
attachment.php

Final Result
attachment.php

attachment.php

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Very nice mate, looks sweet...but cos of the angle you"ve parked on it looks like you"re front sits up super high, hate it when it does that on mine...I"ve learnt to park with my nose facing downhill it makes it look lower at the front lol.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Thanks bud yeah I kno ay, took brakes off and rotors and painting those black (rotors) and red (calipers) coming along well, will post up final pics when all finished, 320mm rotors.. Massiv brakes too on the thunder ;)

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey Mate

Looks awesome

How did the gear box service go on the weekend ?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Thanks bud,

Was definitly an intersting one, especially on standa, drained easy, filled in fill hole easy enough but hardest part was the extra 400ml in reverse sensor, absolute bitch to get to, messy but successful. Haven't seen any difference really with gears changing to the mgo7075 compared to the dex 3 tho

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Heres the front brakes getting done;
Prepping up, i sanded the rotors hard with some 120-180 grit and smoothed off with 400 took off all the surface rust and any glaze the pads had left over, then taped up the rotors and gave about 5 coats of VHF black caliper paint
attachment.php

attachment.php

Onto the Calipers gave them a good clean with the wire brush and wiped off with damp towel and allowed to dry for few mins, taped off the side of the car and inside the guards and gave about 5-7 coats (light) of the red caliper paint (note it looks a bit orange but is blood red in person)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Looks good bud, I did the same to my brakes a couple months ago and they came out tops, especially for 30 bucks in paint lol

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Thanks bud,

Was definitly an intersting one, especially on standa, drained easy, filled in fill hole easy enough but hardest part was the extra 400ml in reverse sensor, absolute bitch to get to, messy but successful. Haven't seen any difference really with gears changing to the mgo7075 compared to the dex 3 tho

Oh yeh with the extra 400ml what i did was jack the car up on one side and just add the 400ml in the level plug didnt even bother with the reverse sensor....

Also i drove up on 4 slabs one on each wheel to get the extra clearance....

Also if u dont mind me asking how much did you get the penrite oil for and where at ??

Mines due for a change soon........

Thanks Mate

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Heres the front brakes getting done;
Prepping up, i sanded the rotors hard with some 120-180 grit and smoothed off with 400 took off all the surface rust and any glaze the pads had left over, then taped up the rotors and gave about 5 coats of VHF black caliper paint
attachment.php

attachment.php

Onto the Calipers gave them a good clean with the wire brush and wiped off with damp towel and allowed to dry for few mins, taped off the side of the car and inside the guards and gave about 5-7 coats (light) of the red caliper paint (note it looks a bit orange but is blood red in person)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks good mate, ya did a good job, all ya need now is some slotted rotors hehehehehe