Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Socket set on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I absolutely love my Kincrome gear - have heaps of it

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I got their cheaper socket sets in Supatool they are just as good as their kincrome top brand.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I use a fair bit of Kincrome stuff, but I get discounts on the brand.
I have a 1940's Sandvik socket set I still use a bit.
I have a Sabre (High end Stanley brand) socket set I use a lot.

Always use Stanley screwdrivers. Still have the old mans 1970's ones. The design hasn't changed in that long. The yellow and green translucent handles.

Ditched all my early tools I bought that were cheap. They were also ****. Dad was smart though. He didn't want to wreck his stuff, or see me not look after good tools.

I now have a deep appreciation for good tools, their care, and a clean organised garage and tool storage. Never cut corners.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bought one of the last sets of Australian made Stanley screwdrivers from Rocker Brothers. A year later I went to buy another set and found they were made OS and not as good.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I really like Teng these days. It's easily available as good as any Taiwanese gear and no issues in swapping if something breaks. I get a really decent price it too from Nuts and Bolts Tas. Adelaide Tools put me onto it originally and although I don't have a lot of it what I do have I'm very happy with. I busted a Teng torx once and went to a random Teng retailer and they swapped no question asked.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I bought one of the last sets of Australian made Stanley screwdrivers from Rocker Brothers. A year later I went to buy another set and found they were made OS and not as good.

Ol' Rocca Bros...I have met alot of people that worked in the tyre side of that business over the last 15 years . Damn shame they closed their doors, because they were a good place to deal with by all accounts

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Ol' Rocca Bros...I have met alot of people that worked in the tyre side of that business over the last 15 years . Damn shame they closed their doors, because they were a good place to deal with by all accounts
If you actually lived here in SA :eek: you would know they didn't close their doors, were bought out and now are called SCA aka Supercheap Auto :p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If you actually lived here in SA :eek: you would know they didn't close their doors, were bought out and now are called SCA aka Supercheap Auto :p

Do SCA, aka supercheap do tyres and wheel alignments? The majority of people I have met came from that side of Rocca Bros

What happened to their hotrod?

If you are rebuilding another engine, for my replacement, I don't care if you buy the parts from SCA and use socket sets from there too...

Oh and I can pick up my money or replacement engine from you, because you know damn well I live in S.A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.