Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Socket set on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
20200307_145951.jpg

I think it must have 60% off Toolpro. I hope the quality is decent. I don't normally buy cheap tools anymore in case they are junk, like @EYY found with Mechpro sockets. Plus i hate looking in the shed and seeing cheap quality tools when nearly everything else is quality.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
20200307_145822_resized.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have a toolpro tool kit in the boot for emergencies.....200 piece kit (or there abouts)...I have only used it a couple of times in the last 9 months or so and so far I haven't skinned any knuckles and or had the issues EYY had.

Haven't bought any of there speciality tools, so I can't comment there sorry

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have a Toledo stethoscope and looking at the Toolpro one today for $11 compared to over $30 for Toledo. I can't tell the difference, even the packaging is the same. I have bits and pieces of Toledo and have been very happy with that brand. I would have liked to seen the Toledo gear today so I could have compared it to Toolpro but Toledo is online buying only from SCA for most things. The SCA gear is made in China though, not sure where Toledo comes from. It will be either China or Taiwan. These days Taiwan are making a lot of the higher quality hand tools like Sidchrome and Teng that I have a lot of.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm aware some rellies bought Toolpro workshop trolley jacks...The caster wheels weren't done up due to the thread being stripped. o_O

Toledo or teng tools....I haven't heard anything about them, but know of them....So if you are happy with them, that's terrific...Nothing worse that shite tools and the ensuing tirade associated with it :)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
60% off sca speciality tools is the current deal I think. I wanted the oxygen sensor socket kit but it's only available in Bondi by the look of it and I am not driving that far.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't they offer free shipping if an item is out of stock? I have bought this way before.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Not sure, but that sounds all right! I'm hoping one of them would be able to get my front O2 sensor out that superman himself has screwed in at the Holden factory many years ago.... And they don't put them in a very easy spot to get to!!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Toledo or teng tools....I haven't heard anything about them, but know of them....So if you are happy with them, that's terrific...Nothing worse that shite tools and the ensuing tirade associated with it :)
Yeah I'm a little nervous about having TP gear in my shed. I haven't had great results with cheap tools in the past. I'm hoping if they are rubbish then if they break i have some sort of warranty. Another member years ago was an apprentice mech and he had TP sockets in his roller cab. I have one or two of them in deep but its not something i would buy a full set of. Decent brand sockets and spanners are cheap enough and not worth skimping on, especially when you just take a tool in and swap it over if it does break. I know that Teng have lifetime replacement as i had to return a torx socket once.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have a reasonable run with Repco stuff over a long time. Even the Total Tools branded stuff is reasonably good. SCA - yeah not so much. I buy them when I am only ever likely to use something once and then cross my fingers it will hold together that long.

Of course my Kinchrome socket set I got nearly 30 years ago is still going great, as is my Sidchrome stuff I inherited from dad, much of which predates my birth :p

Status
Not open for further replies.