Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Socket set on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'm aware some rellies bought Toolpro workshop trolley jacks...The caster wheels weren't done up due to the thread being stripped. o_O

Toledo or teng tools....I haven't heard anything about them, but know of them....So if you are happy with them, that's terrific...Nothing worse that shite tools and the ensuing tirade associated with it :)
This is the problem. Every time I have bought cheap tools in the past ten years they have been very very disappointing, and that does include a few toolpro tools that didn't even fit the fasteners they were labelled with and were returned instantly. But these sockets look like they would do the job. Surely at least one of them would work out of a box of 6 for $15? HMMM
The thing with brands like this is there is no single "TOOL PRO" factory that produces them. They are all sourced from different manufacturers around the world. So some will be the same as other more expensive brands with different labels, and others will be the cheapest stuff they can find. So you have to look at the quality of each tool separately.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
60% off sca speciality tools is the current deal I think. I wanted the oxygen sensor socket kit but it's only available in Bondi by the look of it and I am not driving that far.
Try ebay they have a store on there you can buy it and get it posted.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
From what I can find on the Net is Toolpro are made my Stanley Tool Co. Hard to know though out of what I bought are made by reputable tool manufacturer's and which ones are made by Sum Ting Wong. I have found that a lot of stuff from China has improved over the last 5 - 10 years. Prior to that it was avoid, avoid, avoid.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I have a Toledo stethoscope and looking at the Toolpro one today for $11 compared to over $30 for Toledo. I can't tell the difference, even the packaging is the same. I have bits and pieces of Toledo and have been very happy with that brand. I would have liked to seen the Toledo gear today so I could have compared it to Toolpro but Toledo is online buying only from SCA for most things. The SCA gear is made in China though, not sure where Toledo comes from. It will be either China or Taiwan. These days Taiwan are making a lot of the higher quality hand tools like Sidchrome and Teng that I have a lot of.
Nice!! You got a oil pressure tester now you wont have to test it via your cylinders, ;) U be a mechanic in know time with all that new gear. I see they had the cylinder compression tester to cheap. I just buy the tools as I need them, my shed at bigger enough..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
When your shed is well over an hour away from the nearest place to buy a tool, you need to be prepared for anything Trevor. ;) I may never use what i bought today but i like to be well equipped and have enough money to fill my shed with what ever I want. So if something is a decent price i try and grab it, while it is on sale.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just opened up the cases and I am pretty impressed. It actually looks like decent equipment. I wonder if what I bought today is rebadged Toledo, it looks very much like the Toledo gear i have seen in other stores that do stock it.
Here is a pic of the oil pressure tester. It looks well made and fairly rugged, which took me by surprise on this item.
20200307_173832.jpg

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
When your shed is well over an hour away from the nearest place to buy a tool, you need to be prepared for anything Trevor. ;)

And when you cant be arsed loading a portable compressor into the ute...
2020-03-07 18.13.10.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oooohl yes please Milwaukee rattle gun would make a very nice addition to my collection.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I love my Milwaukee M12/M18 Fuel tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.