Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

soft/low brake pedal

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr berlina 3.8 v6 , 1996 VS executive 3.8 v6
Afternoon,

I could do that. One at a time like normal?Or all at once?

Pete

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I think I had them all open but then closed them off, probably longest line first?, as the fluid looked clean and clear. It seemed easier than having someone work the pump and opening and closing the bleeder nipple. It's sometimes hard to keep the tube on the bleeder while opening and closing too and that gets messy.
I think I may have done it that way at Marko's suggestion. Apologies to Marko if I've conveyed any incorrect info. The errors will be mine. It may have been the shortest line first.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I think I had them all open but then closed them off, probably longest line first?, as the fluid looked clean and clear. It seemed easier than having someone work the pump and opening and closing the bleeder nipple. It's sometimes hard to keep the tube on the bleeder while opening and closing too and that gets messy.
I think I may have done it that way at Marko's suggestion. Apologies to Marko if I've conveyed any incorrect info. The errors will be mine. It may have been the shortest line first.
Rear left (pass.) 1st, rear right 2nd, front left 3rd front right 4th.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
an added note to your bleeding technique, we used to use on older cars with air bubble locks trapped in system, was car level high off the ground, jars full of fluid with tubes to bleeder screws opened and cap off m/c and left overnight for gravity to do its work, 99% of times got air bubbles out and the other times a complete from rear to front including master manual bleed got the rest ofjob done.

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi fellors, I'm curious if the inside beside the pistons in the master needs to be rekitted. It the part that sits behind the big bolt at the front.

Pete

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update:

New pads, not glazed over.
Made some new flared ends, not a weep any more.
Been driving the car for a bit now, and pedal is better than before.
Just need to give a final bleed.
Cheers for the input team

Pete

Reactions: Lex