Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

soft/low brake pedal

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Evening people,

I've had the master resivoir off, cleaned the gromet seals, reseated them with a slight smear of red gasket goo. Also I've cleaned and installed the VS resivoir onto the master cylinder (finally), also with a slight smear of red gasket goo. Making sure it doesn't block any ports...

I'm leaving the gasket goo to go off, then I'll refill. I'll update in a night or so,

Cheers
Pete
Don't worry to much about your goo experiment on the rubber seal it aint going to do any harm.
Since you have taken reservoir of, chances you might have introduced some air into m/cylinder, so it will pay to bleed m/cylinder at the lines before you bleed the 4 wheels again.

With all the issues sorted once you bleed the whole system again you should be right this time. cheers :)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
flexible rubber hoses
Can you still buy the Holden flexible rubber hoses?
I was under the impression you can't buy them anymore?

That is why l used the braided stainless steel flexible hoses.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Don't worry to much about your goo experiment on the rubber seal it aint going to do any harm.
Since you have taken reservoir of, chances you might have introduced some air into m/cylinder, so it will pay to bleed m/cylinder at the lines before you bleed the 4 wheels again.

With all the issues sorted once you bleed the whole system again you should be right this time. cheers :)

Don't worry about the goo, it won't cause any harm? Have you seen what happens with goo, when it gets into any fluid style system? Obviously not, with this comment....But just to help out, it tends to block up any passage ways...And blocking up passage ways prevents fluids from flowing through...But hey, not having brake fluid flowing through isn't a problem

Having fluid weep out from under the reserviour introduces air into the system to begin with...Hence the low brake pedal...So of course, re bleeding it is a must.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Can you still buy the Holden flexible rubber hoses?
I was under the impression you can't buy them anymore?

That is why l used the braided stainless steel flexible hoses.

Not sure about factory holden rubber brake lines, but definately aftermarket ones......

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Can you two drop it, it's getting tiring for the other members.

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Condensed Version: from start to hopfully nearly finished. A quick breakdown to where I am up to today...

Hi, I had a next to no pedal to start with after car sat for a few months.
Done VR master cylinder internal pistons seals (new), caliper piston seals also new on all 4 calipers, not alot better if any pedal wise.

Some times pedal would feel like it's getting better, but wasn't sure if my leg was getting tired pumping the pedal.
Pedal soft and spongy. Found some minor brake fluid leaks, remedied those.
VR booster making a woosh/hiss sound.

Since then, I've replaced the front brake hoses with new rubber ones.
Have upgraded to a VS booster and VT/VX master cylinder, just got to determine if it's a ( 1 inch) master?

Last night I found a weep/leak booster end resivoir - fluid port, which I'm in the process of fixing shortly.

Pete
So you have VT front calipers? My VR never felt good with them running a VR master. VT-VX master should change feel.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Thread cleaned. Lets keep this on topic and leave personal issues of the forum.