Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Soft tonneau help!

vrough

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Omega Ute
Just bought a new soft cover for my ve ute and attempted to fit it with no luck, front fitted pefectly on the aluminium front bar (placed on the furthest back rail on the bar) and sides fit through ALOT of struggle but the rear is at least an inch too short! tried stretching it with 3 of us with no luck again, even tried without the support bars in and had the previous result.

had a quick search on the internet and the forums to no avail, any else had this problem??? any tricks or suggestions?
cheers

vrough

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Omega Ute
Yea mate still no luck, would be awesome if you could find out how he did it, cheers

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
try leaving it fully laid out in the sun for a while. this might make it soft enough to stretch? just an idea?

Merudo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Redline Ute
The rail that goes near the back window has three slots in it, the idea being that as it wears and stretches you can move it to the other slot on the rail and take up the slack. Try adjusting it there. :)

Cheers

vrough

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Omega Ute
yea mate its placed on the furtherest back rail, and yea will have to try laying it in the sun and see how it goes, will let you know, cheers

-Jonno-

CHAPPY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU
have you tried putting the back on first? i always do that and then the sides. also with the bars in i find it easier as it stops it from sagging. as others have said may just need to be stretched somehow haha

vrough

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Omega Ute
yes, tried every combination of putting it on, back first, without sides on etc etc etc,
sat it in the sun all day through 34 degree heat and still nothing.....
thinking it might be defected in sizing.
anyone else ever had this problem??

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
go to service at dealer and ask for one of the mechanics to put it on for you, watch them do it, if they cant i'd say its a reject

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
yes, tried every combination of putting it on, back first, without sides on etc etc etc,
sat it in the sun all day through 34 degree heat and still nothing.....
thinking it might be defected in sizing.
anyone else ever had this problem??
hey mate sorry took so long found out he never actually got it on lol, it wwas just a replacement holden did coz they couldnt even get it on hope thst helps