Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Software updates

Chrisj911

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf ssv commodore
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but there seems to be a lot of software problems with the vf, such as climate control problems, I just want to know if there is anyone else that has the capability of fixing software problems for the car other than holden?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Why wouldn't you get a specific problem fixed by Holden under warranty (Free) rather than take it to a 3rd party and possibly void your warranty and have to pay for it? - doesn't make any sense.

So do you have a specific software problem with your VF that maybe someone on these forums could assist you with?

The software problem with the climate control is a free service , yes Holden Dealer does know how to do this.

Chrisj911

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf ssv commodore
Why wouldn't you get a specific problem fixed by Holden under warranty (Free) rather than take it to a 3rd party and possibly void your warranty and have to pay for it? - doesn't make any sense.

So do you have a specific software problem with your VF that maybe someone on these forums could assist you with?

The software problem with the climate control is a free service , yes Holden Dealer does know how to do this.

Nothing specific, but what I am getting at is that Holden aren't fixing the problems, or glitches, or bringing out many upgrades. A small example would be that many people want the guide lines for the reverse camera. Surely it would be a simple software upgrade for holden, but they won't do it. So I wanted to know if anyone else had the capabilities to do something like this.

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
I thought they did update to show the guide lines for the earlier VFs!

xzclzj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Nothing specific, but what I am getting at is that Holden aren't fixing the problems, or glitches, or bringing out many upgrades. A small example would be that many people want the guide lines for the reverse camera. Surely it would be a simple software upgrade for holden, but they won't do it. So I wanted to know if anyone else had the capabilities to do something like this.

They did update the early stage VF for the guide lines. I did it for my MY14 Evoke around this June at Melbourne.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah, they do this, but it's apparently not as fast/simple as it should be. It seems as though the interface is prone to screwing-up, and doesn't always work properly, so someone who could be earning coin by doing "real" service work instead has to operate the PC doing the updating. So they don't do it for free, unless you've got a problem with a MyLink function in which case they install the latest software to attempt to fix it (and you get the update with it).

They were talking about this Apple CarPlay compatibility along with the Android equivalent, for the VF-II. I'd be interested to see if that's all in software; I've booked the car in for service & the software upgrade only a couple of weeks short of the VF-II going on sale, and I almost think maybe I shoulda waited ...

Chrisj911

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf ssv commodore
They did update the early stage VF for the guide lines. I did it for my MY14 Evoke around this June at Melbourne.

I didn't realize this update was available. Did they do it for free or what did it cost? Did any other updates come with it?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There seem to have been minor fixes to things like interfacing with iPods as well.
When they update the MyLink software, you get the latest VF Commodore software, which includes the reversing camera thing.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
I didn't realize this update was available. Did they do it for free or what did it cost? Did any other updates come with it?

A decent dealer will do it mate and it should be free. I had mine updated a few months ago when it went in for a service and now have the reverse lines. I used the standard complaint people on the forum here have said that it wouldn't sync with my iPhone. I don't even have an iPhone.

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Fingers crossed the MY16s get Android Auto and they then upgrade the series one units!

Not sure if it uses different hardware but from what I have read it appears to be an app! Means you can use google maps from your phone onto the cars screen....