Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Software updates

Pallbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
My first post in this forum and want to follow this thread. Three days ago I purchased a 3/2014 VF SV6 and my reversing camera doesn't have any lines on it. How many others have had a software upgrade and the lines appeared?

Second question, is there anyway to turn the blasted beeping noise off on the parking sensors on the front and back of the car wihtout sacrificing losing the vision on the screen?!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Can't answer about the beeping with the proximity sensors; maybe spend a few hours browsing through settings? :)

Yes to the reversing-camera lines, though. Holden released new software in the MY15 cars around October 2014, and any MyLink flash done To older cars since then has the reversing-camera lines.

Holden dealers won't just install the new software, it takes their time & effort. But there were some problems with the early software (eg. iPhone synching issues) which can be warranty-fixed by installing newer software; and warranty fixes should be free.

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
To stop beeping, turn off the green light button near the hand brake switch that is lit when you're in reverse

Janeene Bassett

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Series 11
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there has been a recall on SV6 SIDI Series 11 regarding oil usuage
I have just found out my car is having issues with excessive oil usage.
My mechanic has recommended to take it to Holden and have the ECU reprogrammed
Thanks

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Hi Janeene, I take it yours is a VE by being a series II ! You have asked a question under the VF section!

Someone still may have an answer for you here though.....

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
i took my VF in for the 15k service on tuesday last week and asked for updates and to fix a rattle in my door, neither fixed or updated... seriously? Is the updates delivered by Telstra??? cause i know theres updates out there but they dont release it till its tooo late.

Come on theres an option in the menu to do the update so why not release it on a website and allow us to do it?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is the MyLink software updateable via a normal port?
When we first got the car I wondered about that, and found >US$600 interface devices on eBay to connect a PC to a VF ... I suspect GM(/H) sells these to dealers, and I could be completely wrong, but I also suspect it's to keep dealers happy that they don't interface with the car via a commonly-available port type.

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
i took my VF in for the 15k service on tuesday last week and asked for updates and to fix a rattle in my door, neither fixed or updated... seriously? Is the updates delivered by Telstra??? cause i know theres updates out there but they dont release it till its tooo late.

Come on theres an option in the menu to do the update so why not release it on a website and allow us to do it?

3 times with the dealers and the rattle is still there on my drivers door. Recently another rattle seems to be coming from the pillar where the seatbelt resides. Very easy to replicate... just drive over a railway crossing, not sure why its so damn hard to fix.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's not the seatbelt rattling against the plastic interior trim?
We had that, when we let it retract twisted & the belt-tongue didn't sit properly.

And ... any dealers near me would have problems finding a railway crossing to test with. :D

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
And ... any dealers near me would have problems finding a railway crossing to test with. :D

I am pretty sure mine has one in the HSV bay.