Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Software Versions -- Engineering Mode -- Further Info.

igo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Series II
Series 2 CalaisV V6
Software Version 03.09.rel
Part No. 92257349

No known problems yet
Phone is Blackberry Bold and no issues with Bluetooth compatibility

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
Hi,

lein is right in how to address the problem of the phone cutting off your audio by disabling key tones. (A handy tip on a Nokia is to associate a particular profile with the handsfree that has no tones whatsoever - this eliminates many issues with random keytones interrupting the headunit).

Common sources of frustration with the VE Series I bluetooth are caused by not understanding how it interacts with the headunit. It is actually a lot more basic than it could have been (hence the Series II changes). All that happens is that the audio from your phone (no matter what - key tones, ring, voice etc) are transmitted via bluetooth to the little box behind the glovebox then input to the headunit via a pair of wires. Sensing audio on that input, the headunit will switch to the Voice In audio - cutting off whatever you were listening to. There is no "awareness" by the headunit of what it is piping through and it (the headunit) has no 'data' connection to your phone. In other words, it's a wireless form of simply connecting a pair of wires from your phone's speaker to your car audio inputs. The microphone in your overhead console simply attaches back to the bluetooth module and 'talks' to your phone via bluetooth - completely bypassing the headunit. That's why reducing the volume of the Voice In input can help address echo problems.

Expecting phonebook data, caller ID etc from a Series I vehicle is expecting something that's simply not technically provisioned. All you have is a wireless link to your phone for the purpose of routing speaker *output* from your phone to your headunit's Voice In input and *input* from your microphone back to your phone. That's it. Now, saying that, compared to the G series Falcon, this implementation of bluetooth mobile connectivity was a little light on in terms of features, but that's what you have. The Series II VE has addressed these shortfalls with "proper" integration of the audio features of your phone with the data capabilities (address book, caller ID etc).

In summary, no firmware updates or differing phone models will produce anything other than 'Voice In' on your displays in a Series I VE using the factory fitted options.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Car Details:
September 2006 WM V6 Caprice

Head Unit: BOSE 6 stacker

Software: 010.012.089
Part Number: 92198639

Known Deficiencies/Issues:
Can't reset oil life percentage.
Tyre pressure monitor system only shows 00000, but maybe this is normal?
Doesn't seem to have any Bluetooth related issues with a Nokia E51 or an iPhone 4.

Remote keys don't auto set the seat setttings, but this may be due to some other issue. The seat itself retains the position memory, an responds to the memory buttons being pressed.

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
Ok I'll play...I would like to know how current this version is for my car.

Mine is Software Version 011.013.092.

I have had a few problems (all known issues) which Holden have fixed under warranty and I have found the local dealer and service dept to be very professional.

No problems with Bluetooth....well sometimes my phone does not connect to the car - but this happens with my laptop too so Im not worried. Other times the car connects to the phone when I cant even find the phone! :)

Would be great to unearth all the software releases and what was fixed in each release.

ive also got 011.013.092 mines a ve berlina 07 i wanna know if its current

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
SII SV6
Part No: 92257348
Software Version: ver03.09.rel

Only Issue: Call history wrong. (My mobile though.)

BRE77W

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6II Ute
Hey gd81... Have you ever reset oil Life %? i haven been able to do it on my SII Sv6

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
Nope. Only done roughly 300 ks from factory. Not run in yet.
Be interesting to know the different part numbers and their supported functions.
i.e. Mine (92257348) No Nav or reverse cam, manual trans.
igo's (92257349), assuming since it's a Calais has nav reverse cam and Auto Trans.
Both ours have same software version.

LeighC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega V Commodore V6 Dual Fuel
Hi all,
I too would like to have the latest software version also please? My VE Omega V is version 011.013.092 I have a V6 factory dual fuel auto MY12/2006
I am having battery & cranking issues & have previously asked the dealer to do the updates but I am not sure.
Is there a list of updates please?
Thanks - Leigh