Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sold To The Highest Bidder – The Very Last Monaro

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
The last of the current generation Monaro coupe, auctioned for 10 days on eBay.com.au, reached a highest bid of AU $187,600 when the auction concluded at midday today. The highest bid is three times as much as the price of a standard CV8 Monaro, which has a recommended retail price of $60,490.

The global auction began on February 9, coinciding with the last Monaro’s debut at the Melbourne International Motor show. All proceeds raised will be donated to The Leukaemia Foundation, a long-term partner of Holden.

The highest bidder, whose eBay user ID is ‘shelda0’ and is identified as being from Emerald in Queensland, made the final bid at 11.59am today. All bids were verified by third party listing agent GoingGone.

The bidder has until Wednesday February 22 to contact GM Holden Ltd and organise payment for the last Monaro.

GM Holden will release further information at this time, pending the bidder’s approval.

The last Monaro has been painted with a custom color and modified by Holden’s Design and Engineering departments to reflect its iconic place in Australian automotive history.

A Very Last Monaro project team made various changes to reflect the car’s unique status including special embossed wheels, leather seats and color accents.

The sale of the car will mark the end of Monaro domestic production in Elizabeth, South Australia after more than four years and 47,000 sales in Australia and overseas representing four General Motors brands.

Monaro was unveiled by Holden as a concept vehicle in 1998 and then launched in late 2001. It was Australia’s best selling sports car for each of the past four years.

Source - Holden Media Web Site

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
hopefully some hoe we can get somes picks of it ay darren?

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
There was so many dummy bids tho ay.
I wonder what holden are gonna do next for somthing special.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Another Monaro I reckon, I'm sure they're going to bring it back again, positive. This new VE shape will have to call for another Monaro typed performance Hatch.

I'm all for the Torana too, except not in that pink/white interior combo. If those colours were more customisable I'd be in. Black Leather interior. Blue with Blue Leds.. I'm in.

B

built4girls

wow thats alot of cash, im sure it will have doubled in value over the next 10-20 years!