Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

solex lock stuck

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
today i went to unlock my car and realised that the passenger side door was locked as usual but the lock part was stuck inbetween the opening points. you cant turn it without having he key inserted, any ideas. It still unlocks from the inside. take a look at the photo i took, it will help explain it.
any idea how to fix it?
thanks
stewart

Attachments

• P1270095.JPG
    P1270095.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 837

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
can u turn it will a screw driva? some1 might of tryd to get in last night and got spookd and ran

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
nah i doubt it, i think it might have been my bro, if they wanted in the car they would have just punched out me left rear qtw door window....... its a garbage bad wih tape!!! hahahaha.
cant turn it with a screwdriver, or anythgin else without breakign it i dont think

I

Insanesinner

why not get new locks this is a good brand "Dogy Bro United"

Attachments

• Hundoc27.jpg
    Hundoc27.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,155

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
did you install the locks yourself? If so, you would have gotten a 'security' alighnment key, which can correct that. I have the same locks on my VL, and the dude that installed them wasn't quite as professional as he thought, and now i hae to use the sercurity key all the time.

Also, that key should have a sticker on it saying 'emergency use only'. If the locks were already on your car, i'd say the previous owner still has the alighnment key, which wouldn't be a good thing.

You should be able to use any alighnment key for it, so maybe go into a locksmith, and he might have something to correct it, or if you have any mates with one. Then again, i'm pretty sure the old coke machines have similar locks (no your keys wont open coke machines) but theirs might be able to centre your lock. worth a shot.

Or you could fork out for central locking, and remove the locks completely.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
hrmmmm yeah ill try and track down the emergency key, i didnt install them, it already had them on both front doors and boot. i hope it doesnt happen often, i dont need c/locking, it doesnt bother me opening the door... i would like remote starting tho lol

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
haha, its not a matter of 'wanting' it, although i had it in my VL, and since then i havn't bought a car without it (and power windows, i must be lazy).

I doubt you would've been given the emergency key, so you'll have to try the other suggestions