Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Solids new VP Calais (soon to be turbo)

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Well I finished off the job last night and this morning and started her up today. After a final check and new fluids she fired into life first crank. No leaks, no rattles, no clearance issues, nothing. I idled her for about 15mins with no issues. Even ran the air cond for most of the time. Everything was spot on. I went and gave her a wash as it was covered in dust.

I bought a brand new Garrett GT3582R this week so now all that is left is to install some injectors, a Walbro fuel pump and off to get a tune in her. I can only idle the car and possibly do a bit of gentle off boost driving but I am so tempted to go for a boost in it :) Everything has come up very nicely. I still have to give the engine bay a damn good wash/de grease and clean up some cables etc. The bumper has to stay off for now as it has a broken bracket so I have to get another one I think. Here are a few pics.

Being that I am a closet Ford fan, here is an awesome pic of the turbo and some other pics of the car:

IMGP1062.jpg

IMGP1069.jpg

IMGP1065.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
That is a very nice job mate got pics of the manifolds out and how you joined the 2?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
there are alternatives to kalmaker for realtime tuning goto delcohacking.net vl400 has his 1 2 and 3 bar realtime gear fully operational massive tables for spark and fuel free bin files and xdf's and the hardware is cheap as chips

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
That is a very nice job mate got pics of the manifolds out and how you joined the 2?

Thanks dude. I dont have any pics of the crossover from under the car, but give me a day or 2 and I will take some :)

there are alternatives to kalmaker for realtime tuning goto delcohacking.net vl400 has his 1 2 and 3 bar realtime gear fully operational massive tables for spark and fuel free bin files and xdf's and the hardware is cheap as chips

Thanks for your help mate, I am looking into the tuning software and hardware as we speak :)

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
hey mate, thats a very nice seup you have there, I would be very interested in buying one of your manifolds if you start producing them, or if you would do a one of build. Kepp up the good work.

Dave

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
hey mate, thats a very nice seup you have there, I would be very interested in buying one of your manifolds if you start producing them, or if you would do a one of build. Kepp up the good work.

Dave

Hey mate,

I can make you one up anytime you like. PM me if you want some more info :)

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
i wanna grab a some to man they look sweet as!! real good work! i have the exact same car white over silver vp cal and when i saw that fark yea im sellin my vn 5lt so i can buy some lol!! would u have it as a kit so all i have to do is fit everything up and take to someone to get it tuned? how much would you be asking? keep me posted man im keen as mustard!! cheers dave

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
what are the blue lines for?

SMOKEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais S1 V6, VN Calais S2 V8
Gday,

Love the way its all been done! An absolute sleeper :)

I want to do a similar build up as yours....... Clean & undersated!

How is the turbo kit fairing? Any issues that you encountered. Is it making good power?

If all is good, do you still make the turbo kit? I've got a S1 Buick which is doing a respray currently.

I was tossing between turb or super charge.......... Depending on cost!

How much should I budget for exactly what you have?

Regards,

Cam.

ImLearning

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp commodore v6 executive berina
Well I have taken a deposit for the turbo kit on the Calais so I have removed the kit in preparation for its new owner. It was time to get a new set of wheels to start another project. I looked for a bit and found an original VP Calais. I picked her up last week for a decent price. It is totally stock except for a Pioneer head deck and cat back exhaust. She has done 275,000kms and drives real nice I must say. She has nice cold air cond and all electrics work for now. The car is pretty clean and I must say is a pleasure to drive. It is ridiculously slow though which I cant stand.

I have wanted to make up a single turbo kit to suit VN-VR for quite some time so this will be beginning next week. I will be using a Garrett GT3582R with internal wastegate and I will be selling them as a full bolt on kit once it is developed and tested thoroughly. Pics will be added as progress takes place
I took some decent pics of the manifold yesterday. I have made up the crossover pipe and dummied up the dump pipe also. Getting there, still a few things to do but most of the hard work is done

VPV6Manifold.jpg

IMGP1027.jpg
hi mate I’d like to know what size turbo pipeing and what intercooler system and engine manifold I will need for the garret gt3582r just starting to learn and I need help want to do it on my 1992 v6 vp Buick