Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Solved overheating issue in my VX

PhilChorusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive v6
G'day everyone,

I have solved my problem with my VX overheating!

I have to replace the thermostat which was purchased from Supercheap, so I brought a new Genuine one from Holden not to say that it won't sh*t itself later on

I also made a discovery that there was NO coolant within the top hose and I also found out that the small hose connecting the radiator to the overflow bottle the seal was completely old and it popped out on its own contributing to my VX overheating

Of course, I brought Nulon Long Life Coolant from Supercheap as well as that small hose, new thermostat and gasket and incase if I needed it a new radiator cap from Holden this all cost me under $100

All I can suggest is to check your top hose and if you don't hear any coolant inside it then you've got problems and check the bottom hose too

And if you do find that the small hose connecting the radiator to the overflow bottle not connected replace it with a genine one

I hope this information would be useful for others who does have overheating issues

Note: When you bleed your cooling system take it for a drive and bleed it again and again and again it will take awhile to do until the coolant is slowly seeping out not squiring out of the bleed valve if required keep doing this to remove all air from the cooling system

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Thanks for the update it's good to see you sorted it out