Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

some advice please

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
Ok I'll be the first to admit it - I don't know jack about car stereo systems. While stripping down my VH Brock I've removed the stereo system and I have never seen so much wiring and cabling in all my life. The thing had 2 sub woofers mounted behind the back seat about 3 amps in the boot plus two smaller things that may or may not be amps, plus numerous speakers through the bloody car. Anyway my point is that I don't intend to reinstall all this stuff - the V8 at full noise is much better- but can anyone reccomend somewhere or someone that could suss this equipment out and advise what it's value may be and what I'd be best off doing with it. I am going for originality and as I have the cars original Eurovox am/fm tape player I was planning on reinstalling that and maybe, just maybe hiding a cd player away somewhere out of sight.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Google the model numbers and then sell it on Ebay. From memory, you could hide a cd player in the glovebox. Or, you can use a FM modulator CD stacker mounted in the boot. It has a little control panel that you can velcro or double side tape to the dash and works beautifully.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ive seen an Fm modulator hooked up to an old commodore radio (not even a tape deck i dont think) it had good speakers in the original places which didnt look out of place at all, hidden amp (just a lil on under the seat) and a stacker in the boot. the sound was amazing and the car looked original stock as.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
And there you have it :)

rolla way

Reaction score
yeah best off putting better speakers in the stock locations