Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some advice please

NigelD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series II 2017
Looking for advice or maybe an EOI.

MY2017 VF II SS. 20 000k. Walkinshaw OTR CAI, Lowered - quality German springs, de Filippo extractors, 3" Manta exhaust with hi-flow cats. Professional ceramic coat. Absolutely as new.
Purchased new Feb 2019 so plenty of new car warranty remaining.
What is a realistic price to ask?

IMG_0389.JPG

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The mods & the ceramic coating don't really add any value; they should help shift it a bit faster, but buyers tend to see that stuff as proof a car's been driven harder than a standard one.

Also, was it first registered in Feb 2019 or was that when you bought it? Because warranty depends on first reg, not when you bought it (I only say this because a lot of cars have been registered as demos & then not actually driven - which means they're new from a wear-and-tear point of view, but warranty is from first registration). I'm not sure if that extra ~18 months warranty adds a heap in this instance, however, as Holden's considered "dead" by most (eg. people thinking there's nobody to honour the warranty).

Prices are crazy at the moment. I don't know. If it were me, I'd be tempted to shoot for ~$57k in the first instance, as there are a couple of reasonable looking cars on CarSales for $52k & $54k asks at the moment, I actually checked the $54k one wasn't yours as it's the same colour & wheels & mileage (but it's in Victoria). Actually, maybe make that $55k, it might scare buyers away otherwise.

NigelD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series II 2017
Thanks Forg - certainly not driven hard - check my age :) Just a petrol head for 50 years. We used to salivate as 15-year-olds in the Holden dealer looking at 327 Monaros, and dare I say it, 351 Super Roo XW Falcons driving up and down the main street on Saturday mornings.
I'll check shorty but the dealer did mention that GMH had agreed to an extended warranty. Anyway - whatever, thanks for your thoughts.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Lovely looking car there mate. I'd go with Forg on this one - you should be able to score around $50-55k in the present market

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
None of the 19 on CarSales are blacked-out, I suspect the SSVR was blacked-out & the SS wasn't.
That's right. Only redline for MY 17 was blackout. All the other went back to chrome.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
ahh you learn something every day

I was pissed off after ordering my MY 17 car late November 2016 after knocking back a MY16 with blackout grille and surrounds with 5 year warranty to find out the car I ordered and built on the 10th January 2017 was blacked out! Anyway I like the look of the blackout pieces now and wanted a 2017 produced vehicle.