Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some advice please

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
truth be told I think I now prefer the chrome on black cars and it looks quite good on the blue also

just kind of breaks it up a bit.

I think a bit of chrome looks good on dark colours. I don't get the 100% blackout (trim, badges, grill, even lights) look

My previous car I think looks much better with a bit of chrome to balance the deeper colour. Black with a dark colour is a bit dull, and in the picture below makes it look cheaper I think.

6scm8iwiiiu8ol7taazsekc96.jpg

2019_Mercedes-Benz_C-Class_hero-610x400.jpg

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
truth be told I think I now prefer the chrome on black cars and it looks quite good on the blue also

just kind of breaks it up a bit.
I think the black need the be broken up a bit with Chrome. Red and white look good with black. SOG grey needs chrome too. LMF and Spitfire look good with black trim.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Blacking chrome trim out is on a par with making your car look like a cheap base model. Would you black out the chrome on an MB? A Lexus or a Porsche??

NigelD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series II 2017
The mods & the ceramic coating don't really add any value; they should help shift it a bit faster, but buyers tend to see that stuff as proof a car's been driven harder than a standard one.

Also, was it first registered in Feb 2019 or was that when you bought it? Because warranty depends on first reg, not when you bought it (I only say this because a lot of cars have been registered as demos & then not actually driven - which means they're new from a wear-and-tear point of view, but warranty is from first registration). I'm not sure if that extra ~18 months warranty adds a heap in this instance, however, as Holden's considered "dead" by most (eg. people thinking there's nobody to honour the warranty).

Prices are crazy at the moment. I don't know. If it were me, I'd be tempted to shoot for ~$57k in the first instance, as there are a couple of reasonable looking cars on CarSales for $52k & $54k asks at the moment, I actually checked the $54k one wasn't yours as it's the same colour & wheels & mileage (but it's in Victoria). Actually, maybe make that $55k, it might scare buyers away otherwise.
Forg - pretty close buddy. Put it on for $54,500 - sold, (in 24 hrs) paid, and driven away 48 hours later.
Confirmed with the ACCC they expect the warranty to begin at the sale. Which for most cars that's registration - but this and others like it were 16 months as an undriven demo. Apparently, GMH insisted they were registered so there would not be two lots of "new" Commodores in the showroom.
It was the first time I've sold a car for more than I paid. (not including the mods of course, but 2 years of great motoring and a great price.
So sadly, after 42 years and 7 Commodores later - bye JustCommodores.