Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some Dealers offering upgrades

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Was just having a look on carsguide etc at some new car deals and came across atleast one Holden Dealer offering:

"ask about our Platinum Package Avail--Cold Air Induction, Exhaust, Tune Up, Dyno Slip" with the purchase of a new vehicle, in this case an SS ute.

Might already be common knowledge but for those who dont know? may be a good option to get the extra power without voiding the warranty....

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Patterson Cheney Holden do RS packages (Race Sport). They do it in partnership with VCM/Autotechnique.
The packages include suspension, exhaust, intakes, cams, brakes, loads of stuff, all backed by warranty.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
yeah a lot of dealers now are developing partnerships with local tuner workshops and offering packages with a brand new car,
you do pay a lot more and dont have any product choice versus doing it yourself, but you do retain complete warranty

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
I don't think it would be a full Holden factory warranty. More likely a dealer backed warranty if related to the mods, or workshop warranty on mods only.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah holden warranty wont cover a tuned engine, youd have to chase up the workshop that did it if anything failed.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
At our dealership we offer a 2yr warrenty on anything aftermarket fitted by us....

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
what's dealerships view on cai's and k&n filters

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Most CAI's involve a MAFless tune which would void engine warranty. CAIs that retain the MAF probably wouldnt be an issue provided the filter was sound.

K@N filters generally arent an issue provided they arent over oiled and contaminate the MAF.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
ok

just considering a setup on my sv6 sidi and would not want it to affect my warranty..

i'd retain maf