Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some dirt circuit videos of our car.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Thought I'd share some video's with everyone of the dirt circuit racing here in Pirie on the weekend. I only really keep the camera on Brad (me little bro in our VH) so we can watch the footage after and learn from it. But thought I'd post them up here so ya's can see wat dirt circuit racing is like.

Brad's only in C grade, which is the lowest grade (except for juniors), so the racing does get faster and a bit more fun to watch! :p

This is Brad's 6th and 7th race ever as we only started this season and have had a few drama's with the race car so have missed a few races. And don't worry about the smoke, it's from oil pissing out somewhere and leaking onto the exhaust.:bang:

Here's his first race for the day. Got 2nd. This is the first time we've had the car driving with the new motor (only had it running in the back yard to bed the cam in). We were late so didn't even have time for practice so didn't even know if she'd complete a lap lol.
YouTube - PP806 070609 RACE01 - This is on the long track.

And his 2nd race, got 1st.
YouTube - PP806 070609 RACE02 - This is on the short track.

Ya know if we never got f**ked over by ACA and the fuzz for our burnouts, we'd never had got into dirt circuit racing. It's ALOT of fun and even at lunch when they had a Monaro on the pad doing a burnout, we just wanted it to be over and the racing to start again lol.

Last edited:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's awesome ^_^ I wish there were cheap leagues like that within driving distance of Melbourne that I could get into. I'd happily throw 5k at a crappy car for an amature league like that.

That's awesome coming 2nd and 1st in the first two runs in that car :p You should be proud!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Great stuff... Brings back many fun time memories of dirt track racing.

It may not look that fast - but when you first go racing - the heart rate is right up ther :) and it feels like your flying. The a big V8 thunders past:p

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Yeah there's not to many V8's in c grade, but we wanted Brad to race C grade coz he had no experience at all. After 3 race meets the people who run the show can put ya up to B grade if they think ur doing to good. But our first race meet Brad was at the rear of the field all day coz the motor was stuffed (turns out a few lobes were even worn off the cam lol) and the tyres were crap. The 2nd race meet was with the new 253. That lasted one race and the waterpump shattered into many pieces. Could of fixed it and kept going but decided to call it a day. And our 3rd race meet was last Sunday with the new 308 and now running Hoosiers. The car I would say would go not to bad in A grade, it's just now Brad needs to get use to it and throw it around a bit more.

My other brother (who has done even less races) had a race on Sunday in the VH, it was a feature race so anyone could put their names down. And he was amongst A and B graders and didn't do to bad. He come last (bout 4-5 cars in the race), but he was right up the bum of a B grader (who isn't far off getting put up to A grade I would imagnie) all through the race, just couldn't get around him, that guy was in a 6cy EA-ish falcon lol. The other cars in the race were a 308 Torana and a AWD LS1 import, I think that was it.

But yeah it's LOTS of fun! :thumbsup:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Sounds like heaps of fun - we raced for about 2 years in our EH wagon 6. Was a real hoot when we locked the diff and had a set of tripples on it. Blew the motor 3 times in 1 year and never lost the block once.

But a 308 VH on dirt - lucky buggers :)

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Awesome!

There should be more of this kinda thing around the country.
low cost motorsport that anyone can get into.
even something simple like a normal stock car with a roll cage and thats it - anyone can afford it.
Id find that more fun and exciting than drag racing.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Yeah it's heaps cheap to get into. A few months back my other brother bought his HQ race car for $700, 202 4spd, pretty much ready to race. It use to race along time ago but yeah when he bought it he needed to buy a new racing seat, harness and a few other bits to bring it up to spec, but overall prolly still under $1200.

Here's some vids of that.
YouTube - PP805 030509 RACE01
YouTube - PP805 030509 RACE02

But now it's out the back needing a few minor changes, the scrutineers picked up a few more out of date things on it haha. She'll be back on the track soon, when my bro decides to spend some more time on it. We've even got a 308 to put in this one too lol :thumbsup:

There's a new track getting put together just North of Adelaide at Truro. All up there's prolly about 10 tracks in SA.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
Fire the crew for the bonnet pins not being in.
(Or was it up to the driver???):whistling

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride