Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some good and bad things. VF SV6 Auto.

J

Jingle Bells

1. Drove from Gundagai to Goulburn, Goulburn to Cootamundra, Cootamundra to Gundagai today.....checked the computer fuel consumption...best was 7.9 litres per 100kms...average was 8.1 litres per 100kms.....that was using high octane fuel and I only use the high octane fuel.......whoopee !!!!

2. On the Olympic Highway travelling to Cootamundra which is 100km speed zone....I was doing 116kmh...of course not watching the speedometer....a police car came in the opposite direction and about 50 yards away he flashed his lights at me ( headlights ).....obviously he would of clocked me at 116kmh in a 100kmh....but he kept going and did not turn around and chase me....will I receive a citation in the mail ?????....or do they have to pull you over and issue the docket....the car is registered....but he would not know who was driving anyway....I know they have mobile speed camera's....anyone been in this situation and have not received a citation at a later date in the mail......I have those black and white reflective plates and when you hit them with a strong light the black background turns white and fuses in with the white numbers and are hard to read......... !@#$%^&*

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
1. Drove from Gundagai to Goulburn, Goulburn to Cootamundra, Cootamundra to Gundagai today.....checked the computer fuel consumption...best was 7.9 litres per 100kms...average was 8.1 litres per 100kms.....that was using high octane fuel and I only use the high octane fuel.......whoopee !!!!

2. On the Olympic Highway travelling to Cootamundra which is 100km speed zone....I was doing 116kmh...of course not watching the speedometer....a police car came in the opposite direction and about 50 yards away he flashed his lights at me ( headlights ).....obviously he would of clocked me at 116kmh in a 100kmh....but he kept going and did not turn around and chase me....will I receive a citation in the mail ?????....or do they have to pull you over and issue the docket....the car is registered....but he would not know who was driving anyway....I know they have mobile speed camera's....anyone been in this situation and have not received a citation at a later date in the mail......I have those black and white reflective plates and when you hit them with a strong light the black background turns white and fuses in with the white numbers and are hard to read......... !@#$%^&*

He was just warning you of your speed, must have been in a hurry to go somewhere else, your lucky day I'd say.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
He was just warning you of your speed, must have been in a hurry to go somewhere else, your lucky day I'd say.

I agree, get used to using your cruise control in any and every speed zone,best defence against the revenue collectors, so effective in fact ,that I'm sure they'll eventually get around to banning it due to loss of revenue...... Er sorry " safety concerns"

J

Jingle Bells

I agree, get used to using your cruise control in any and every speed zone,best defence against the revenue collectors, so effective in fact ,that I'm sure they'll eventually get around to banning it due to loss of revenue...... Er sorry " safety concerns"

Yes I know....problem is the road is not suitable for cruise control.....straight and winding sections....and on the straight one forgets about the cruise control...and consequently and suddenly one is doing above the speed limit....oh well maybe my lucky day.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
problem is the road is not suitable for cruise control

Driven that road plenty when visiting my gran out past Junee and driving from Canberra. Hume Hwy, Burley Griffin Hwy and the Olympic Hwy for the last little bit. There is absolutely no problem with using cruise control. You will have to break for some corners but then just reset the cruise and on your way.

imo there's never a reason for NOT using cruise control. Why worry about speed when your can do it for you?

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I'd just say he was giving you a friendly reminder to slow down.

As far as who was driving that is inconsequential as the owner of the car is ultimately responsible.

I use cruise control all the time, I brake to slow then re-engage when I can.

I also generally know the speed I am doing from the feel of the car and the engine note etc.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I use that road and use C/C without any problem. Do you know NEVER to use C/C in the wet though?

I also know exactly what speed my vehicle is doing as well having checked speedometer against GPS, so set the C/C appropriately.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!