Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some how i'm running an illegal mechanic

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
So guys, I just got a complaint from the real estate yesterday. Some bloke complained about me and my house mate working on our cars. He reckons I'm running an illegal mechanic.

Basically the bloke is threatening to try and evict me and my mate by threatening the real estate and landlord with legal action.

What do you guys think? Me, my mates and the real estate are dumb founded.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So guys, I just got a complaint from the real estate yesterday. Some bloke complained about me and my house mate working on our cars. He reckons I'm running an illegal mechanic.

Basically the bloke is threatening to try and evict me and my mate by threatening the real estate and landlord with legal action.

What do you guys think? Me, my mates and the real estate are dumb founded.
Let me guess, a baby boomer with a shiteload of time and money and nothing better to do! Unless your council has a law against working on your own cars (some do I think, I know Logan council here in QLD were looking at it) they don’t really have a leg to stand on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd wait for the lawyer letter before stopping. When the bloke has to pay $300 to have a letter drafted he might change his tune.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
if you do any fluid changes and dispose of it by taking it to the community recycling centre at summerhill if you live in the newcastle area and don t leave a mess on the drive way i can t see a problem

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
if you do any fluid changes and dispose of it by taking it to the community recycling centre at summerhill if you live in the newcastle area and don t leave a mess on the drive way i can t see a problem
I take the old oils to the local supercheap, I think he's complaining about working on the cars not because of the oils. Last weekend I was doing my front bushes and my house mate was servicing his car and fitting new tyres.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Could he have a case for noise pollution, if you are working on your car by revving the innards out of it, while having an obnoxious exhaust note ??

Just a casual question from a baby boomer with a shiteload of time and money and nothing better to do ;) who thinks that a V6 note is crap, but loves the sound of the next door neighbour's 2 classic V8 'Merican coupes.

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
Could he have a case for noise pollution, if you are working on your car by revving the innards out of it, while having an obnoxious exhaust note ??

Just a casual question from a baby boomer with a shiteload of time and money and nothing better to do ;) who thinks that a V6 note is crap, but loves the sound of the next door neighbour's 2 classic V8 'Merican coupes.
Not really me And my mates try to keep it down and stop working around sunset. Half the old blokes down the street like that me and my mate work on our cars. I don't know who's complaining.

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
The exhaust is perfectly legal, it's only loud at WOT. Old mate reckons I'm speeding off every morning doing skids down the street as well . Plus I've lived at the house for nearly 2 years and only just got the complaints recently.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Someone is rattling the cage. Hoping to get you to stop with the threat of legal action.

The onus of proof is on the person making the claim. I’d like to see them prove it.

Keep the house clean and tidy, garden tidy and continue with doing it at courteous times. Don’t rev the car.

I’d be looking for the house for sale, or maybe the try hard posh people with a BMW X5 parked out the front. That’ll be who it is.