Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

some moron just tried to get me killed

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
haha classic this what my wife calls "the Australian syndrome" because it only happens here. No one likes to get passed expecially if they were allready doing a good speed and you were tailgating them. Pretty funny that you got blown away by a festiva. I only pass people one way, Flat out, by the time they see you comming it's all over then no matter what they are driving. Leaves no room for funny buisness then. I dont give even half a crap about the law of sticking to the speed limit when over taking as it's a stupid law and radar/cameras wont work with both cars side by side anyway
Exactly what i was going to say and i dont know how other people overtake but with me its flat out until im infront of them :D bahaha

I will admit, i speed up when im already doing 100k's just to be an arsehole :) if i have to do a 100 why cant they? and then usually they brake and have to get back behind me, i dont care what anyone says, it makes my trip a little bit more humorous :D....

I see where garth is coming from, how quick did you have to speed upto to avoid "some moring trying to get you killed"? and why didn't you just brake and slot in behind and then overtake later when you have another chance? so prety much why did YOU almost get yourself killed when there was a perfectly safe alternative of slotting in back behind them?

btw LOL @ getting owned by a festive, i wouldn't have typed that (also gets me thinking, how long was this stretch? obviously couldnt be that long if you couldnt overtake a festiva ffs) lol

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
another person glued to his high horse ruining a thread and creating a shitfight.

This attitude, "i never break laws, i'm perfect and a questionable decision makes you an idiot".
Is turning this forum to ****.

Mate, im far from glued to a high horse, I never said i don't break the law, but speeding up when someone is overtaking you is a stupid act, You are trapping someone in a position that they could have nowhere to go if they run out of road and there is another car coming the other way, That car coming the other way could have someone you hold dear to you inside. The person overtaking you might not be the nicest person to drive near but you are better off just letting them go by, and the person coming the other way doesn't deserve to be confronted with a car on the wrong side of the road, just because you didn't want to be overtaken.
I was just stating what the law says cause i thought people might like to know, i also thought once you started to overtake someone it was against the law to pull back in behind them, but i couldn't find referance to it on the transport sites.
Matt

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
didnt know this thread was still alive

Exactly what i was going to say and i dont know how other people overtake but with me its flat out until im infront of them :D bahaha

I will admit, i speed up when im already doing 100k's just to be an arsehole :) if i have to do a 100 why cant they? and then usually they brake and have to get back behind me, i dont care what anyone says, it makes my trip a little bit more humorous :D....

I see where garth is coming from, how quick did you have to speed upto to avoid "some moring trying to get you killed"? and why didn't you just brake and slot in behind and then overtake later when you have another chance? so prety much why did YOU almost get yourself killed when there was a perfectly safe alternative of slotting in back behind them?

btw LOL @ getting owned by a festive, i wouldn't have typed that (also gets me thinking, how long was this stretch? obviously couldnt be that long if you couldnt overtake a festiva ffs) lol

ok so theyre going slow i get over the bridge there a straight i pull out to over take, i speed up to 100 didnt speed cos the a landcruiser parked on the side of the road ahead. the festy accelerates i see the cruiser isnt a copper so i speed up to 110 getting a bit past the festy, he decides its a great time to speed im most of the way past him getting close to the end of a straight this magna comes round the bend festy still not backing off i boot it and get past so i dont have a head on with the magna. then the festy procedes to tailgate me for the next 5 ks.

the straight in question is long enough to pass 2-3 cars safely if theyre not being ****wits, as far as getting "owned" by a festiva so what? its probably 10 years newer than my car certainly lighter theyre pretty quick little cars, its not the point the same thing would have happened if i was in dads SS

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
haha classic this what my wife calls "the Australian syndrome" because it only happens here. No one likes to get passed expecially if they were allready doing a good speed and you were tailgating them. Pretty funny that you got blown away by a festiva. I only pass people one way, Flat out, by the time they see you comming it's all over then no matter what they are driving. Leaves no room for funny buisness then. I dont give even half a crap about the law of sticking to the speed limit when over taking as it's a stupid law and radar/cameras wont work with both cars side by side anyway

totally agree, flat out. no room for silly buggers!, sorry to all those that dont agree but i belive less time on the wrong side of the road is better. id rathter break the law, speed, and run the risk of getting a ticket and be alive to see it than be hung out to dry by a moron (but at least i died being legal- because being legal everysecond on the road counts for a lot when YOUR DEAD.). ive experienced hundreds of these dimwits as ive spend a lot of time on highways and catching by suprise is the safest way ( sounds silly, but it is the only way ive found that works) trying to overtake smoothly often results in the idiot your overtaking creeping up.

why do these people do this?, do they not realise there not doing the limit and when someone goes for the overtake they switch back on so they creep back up? buy a car with cruise you moron! clearly you cant drive without endangering other lives, buy a car that will hold the speed for you so you have one less thing for your tiny brains to think about.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate, im far from glued to a high horse, I never said i don't break the law, but speeding up when someone is overtaking you is a stupid act, You are trapping someone in a position that they could have nowhere to go if they run out of road and there is another car coming the other way, That car coming the other way could have someone you hold dear to you inside. The person overtaking you might not be the nicest person to drive near but you are better off just letting them go by, and the person coming the other way doesn't deserve to be confronted with a car on the wrong side of the road, just because you didn't want to be overtaken.
I was just stating what the law says cause i thought people might like to know, i also thought once you started to overtake someone it was against the law to pull back in behind them, but i couldn't find referance to it on the transport sites.
Matt

the way i read it i thought he was talking to garth

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.

reading your post made me feel dumber, speeding up because its humerous? what type of dick head plays with peoples lives for a laugh? if there speeding and your not, let them go. dont hang people out to dry. what if by doing that you were just responsible for killing 2 families? not funny to me. you sir, are the reason people stereotype VN drivers

gotta admit, owned by a festiva is funny but not the point. every car is a weapon, should be treated like one. ( although weapon and festiva dont really belong in the same paragraph lol)

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
totally agree, flat out. no room for silly buggers!, sorry to all those that dont agree but i belive less time on the wrong side of the road is better. id rathter break the law, speed, and run the risk of getting a ticket and be alive to see it than be hung out to dry by a moron (but at least i died being legal- because being legal everysecond on the road counts for a lot when YOUR DEAD.). ive experienced hundreds of these dimwits as ive spend a lot of time on highways and catching by suprise is the safest way ( sounds silly, but it is the only way ive found that works) trying to overtake smoothly often results in the idiot your overtaking creeping up.

why do these people do this?, do they not realise there not doing the limit and when someone goes for the overtake they switch back on so they creep back up? buy a car with cruise you moron! clearly you cant drive without endangering other lives, buy a car that will hold the speed for you so you have one less thing for your tiny brains to think about.

some people are just morons, it was pretty clear to me they were city people the way the car was packed the car they drove the look on there face the way they were driving where they were heading, my point is i hear city folk complaining about country people on their roads some of the things ive seen city people do over the weekend makes me wonder whether it should be the other way round

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
yeah, im from the country but now i live in the city, country people have no concept of traffic lights, congestion, an hour to travel 20k's lol, likewise a lot of city people cant gauge high speed, when the speed of the car coming towards you is 110, your doing 110, you need a lot of room, because realistically there coming at you at 220.