Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

some moron just tried to get me killed

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
normal overtaking practice for me is foot to the floor before i'm even in the overtaking lane, want to get it over and done with as quickly as possible. no point beating around the bush for 10 minutes in the oncoming lane.

the worst **** is when i've got cruise set at the speed limit, then someone comes along, overtakes me, and then goes slower than the speed limit so i have to turn off cruise. what's the point?

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
the worst **** is when i've got cruise set at the speed limit, then someone comes along, overtakes me, and then goes slower than the speed limit so i have to turn off cruise. what's the point?

LOL, dont know if its the worst thing that can happen, but have experienced your pain!

When cruising on the hume I set the cc at 110km/h and it will sit on exactly that uphill, downhill etc. There will be people going past in the overtaking lane because they simply dont like following people, and disappear down the road for a couple of 100 meters. Its quite amusing, eventually my car reels them in again and slowly go past them, its just too hard for people with that type of mentality to actually concentrate and keep their vehicle at a constant speed. some are so daft they think Im the one playing games!

paytons_dady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp ssv 5 speed ,vs aclaim
lo its simple as..sytop and knoch the moter f***ers out...
thats how i cee it

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
On my way to warnertown yesterday, some moron in a VX S pulled out into the 110 zone I was travelling on about 50-75m ahead of me, fair enough I thought... Until he didn't put his foot down at all, he was just idling off! With trucks coming the other way I had to get on the picks pretty hard, and only just pulled up behind him. Got up beside him shortly afterward, the guy looked as old as the hills, and could barely see over the wheel. He looked at me so I gave him the "WHAT THE?!" gesture, and continued on. I don't understand how some people don't think it's necessary to match the speed of high speed traffic if they're going to cut them off. /rant

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
OP should have pulled back as soon as he saw the situation developing. A good driver drives to the conditions and considers the safety of everyone on the road in his/her sphere of influence. If you had hit a car coming the other way there's the cars behind you have to consider as well.

I'm not a granny driver by any measure but as soon as I see an idiot causing a potential situation that, if **** happens I'll be caught up in, I'd rather pull over for a minute, slow down let some other cars overtake and be a buffer, then continue on knowing I'm nowhere near them. I try to avoid idiots rather than compete with them i spose I'm trying to say.

I've got a motto when I drive from when I used to ride bikes many years ago, "drive like everyone is trying to kill you."

Edit: In fact I'd say the topic should be "some moron just tried to get me to kill my self and others and I took the bait, pulled the trigger on an empty chamber, I won!"

Last edited:

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
pretend to jerk the steering wheel in their direction. or floor it, get the rather out of place roofing nails and accidently propell some above the roof of your car.