Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some Of My Marble Painting

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
I Used Scrunched Up Glad Wrap, Scrunch It Up And Dab It Over The Paint Make Sure You Keep Rotationing The Plastic And Then Let Dry And Apply Last Colour

yeah ive heard of doing it with plastic bags on cars just wasnt sure if this was the same.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Wtf? Really? That's even better!!! You can also use weed killer, warm water, sandpaper and a few other bits. It's the pain in the ass way.

Yep Good Old Glad Wrap Works A Treat

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Wtf? Really? That's even better!!! You can also use weed killer, warm water, sandpaper and a few other bits. It's the pain in the ass way.
Glad wrap is the way I got taught at trade school as well. Chemical marbliser is just so you can get the job done quicker.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Glad wrap is the way I got taught at trade school as well. Chemical marbliser is just so you can get the job done quicker.

Yer Thats What I Got Told Today

That Whole Panel Took About 5 Hours Inc. Drying Time And All The AirBrushing

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yep Good Old Glad Wrap Works A Treat

Yeah they don't teach this way at schools, it would be weird seeing a panel sprayer etc using this method. I called bullshit on it until i saw my mate do it right in front of me. He has done several courses on panel spraying with marble paints and airbrushing so i thought i'd watch him.

He took a clean smooth piece of scrap metal, used some 600 grit (or thereabouts) paper, sanded in a circular motion, cleaned the steel off so it was free from metal filings etc, sprayed it in blue, mixed some weed killer (or those little balls you throw on soil for fertilisation, i forget which one) with warm water, covered the steel in the solution and let it dry outside for a while.

Then little crystals formed in the pattern he has sanded on the steel earlier. Then you lay paint of clear over the top. It was bloody weird i tell ya.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Yeah they don't teach this way at schools, it would be weird seeing a panel sprayer etc using this method. I called bullshit on it until i saw my mate do it right in front of me. He has done several courses on panel spraying with marble paints and airbrushing so i thought i'd watch him.

He took a clean smooth piece of scrap metal, used some 600 grit (or thereabouts) paper, sanded in a circular motion, cleaned the steel off so it was free from metal filings etc, sprayed it in blue, mixed some weed killer (or those little balls you throw on soil for fertilisation, i forget which one) with warm water, covered the steel in the solution and let it dry outside for a while.

Then little crystals formed in the pattern he has sanded on the steel earlier. Then you lay paint of clear over the top. It was bloody weird i tell ya.

Ive Never Herd Of Doing It That Way

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Neither had i until he showed me. He found it on some american website, some bloke used the method to paint a bike tank. But my mate Rob just decided it was easier to use the marbiliser chemicals to get it done quick lol.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Neither had i until he showed me. He found it on some american website, some bloke used the method to paint a bike tank. But my mate Rob just decided it was easier to use the marbiliser chemicals to get it done quick lol.

Spose If It Works It Works..lol

I'll Keep Use's Posted If I Do My Center Dash And Might Add Some Low Life Kustom AirBrushing...lol

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
That looks awesome dude, good work. Might think about doing center console and dash surround in marble candy blue. Seen them on ebay a while back but not for over $600. Gettin keen to see what this car will look like finished.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
So Is Everyone Buy The Sound Of It...lol

I Dont Thin It Will Ever Be Done... I Cant Have Things The Same For To Long