Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some pictures of my VN

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Nothing much has happened recently. Took the intake manifold off and redone the gaskets. While it was off I gave it a good clean.
fixed the oil leaks, so far no leaks. Gave it a service and put some of that stuff in the oil to stop the lifters from ticking.
It sort of works, you can sometimes hear a slight tick but it will go away. Flushed the radiator and cleaned the engine bay.

It still has a fluctuating idle when at operating temperature so I will have to find out why and fix it.
I have also noticed a slight exhaust leak so I will get on top of that ASAP.

Edit: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I also took the throttle body off and gave it a good clean.

2znn2p0.jpg

53vcoz.jpg

Last edited:

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Nothing much has happened recently. Took the intake manifold off and redone the gaskets. While it was off I gave it a good clean.
fixed the oil leaks, so far no leaks. Gave it a service and put some of that stuff in the oil to stop the lifters from ticking.
It sort of works, you can sometimes hear a slight tick but it will go away. Flushed the radiator and cleaned the engine bay.

It still has a fluctuating idle when at operating temperature so I will have to find out why and fix it.
I have also noticed a slight exhaust leak so I will get on top of that ASAP.

Edit: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I also took the throttle body off and gave it a good clean.

2znn2p0.jpg

53vcoz.jpg

Whats the blue stuff around the throttle body? Is it a sealant?

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
So what's happened recently:
I got it running good. Well as good as a VN will run. It had a vacuum leak which I have now fixed, I changed the fuel filter and the 02 Sensor.
I have also fixed the exhaust leak. I have noticed it has been a bit better on fuel.

I took the front off to clean the condenser. While it was off I re painted the front bar and cleaned everything up a bit.

35875sp.jpg

dqqgc5.jpg

All back together

ns32f.jpg

I got bored the other night so I stated to polish the paint.
I think it didn't come up too bad so I will finish doing it tonight.

11r629v.jpg

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Thanks man.
I done this to the back, I'm not too sure about it yet. It was silver but then I done it white.
The reason the indicator isn't done fully is because you can't see it flashing that well in sunlight.
I don't think its too bad and it will do until I can get a hold of one.
The photo isn't that great it looks better if you look at it in real life

271np.jpg

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Ahhh Vns ( my first car was a VN just got rid of it in Jan) .... Its so hard to find a decent example of a VN and this one is exceptional man.Keep up the good work on it.