Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some pictures of my VN

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Yeah even if for now he just throws up a thread for the xf, cool old car dont see enough of the old falcons.

Cant wait to see the photos of the tank when u post them,

Hate the mounting setup on the front bumpers on the vn/vp commodores .

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Yeah I didn't end up finishing what I had to do today so maybe more photos tomorrow or the next day. I'll see if he wants to make a thread for the Xf if not I will. I agree it did look better without those strips on the door, if I ever end up re spraying it I'll leave them off. I Will most likely be leaving this one a v6 maybe later down the track it will be a v8 but the next vn I do up will defiantly have a 5 litre in it.

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
No rush mate just when ever ur happy with the resaults.

I scratched my tank when i put it back in Luckly not where it can be seen.

Red strips is a nice change on the black standard ones.

Would be cool with a 5ltr but manual 6 is great fun.

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Yeah I don't mind the Buick. Goes alright with a 5 speed behind it. :)
So a small update. Here is a picture of the tank, as you can see it has a fair few scratches on it. having still a quarter of fuel in it didn't help putting it on.
When it's close to empty I will take it off, sand it right back and paint it properly. I didn't even prep it much so that would be why it doesn't look the greatest.

232ohw.jpg

There was a guy here doing the tiles in the house today and he seen me working on the car and he suggested we would make the moulds on the door look more flush by filling in the small gap between the mould and the door so we did.

11r5agi.jpg

295ziwk.jpg

I reckon it looks 100 times better than it did. It still needs some touch ups but I know it will come up good. I'm heading down to Melbourne this weekend so while I'm there I will get some colour matched paint and I will respray the moulds on the door and this time add clear coat to try get them as glossy as the car.

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Yeah I don't mind the Buick. Goes alright with a 5 speed behind it. :)
So a small update. Here is a picture of the tank, as you can see it has a fair few scratches on it. having still a quarter of fuel in it didn't help putting it on.
When it's close to empty I will take it off, sand it right back and paint it properly. I didn't even prep it much so that would be why it doesn't look the greatest.

232ohw.jpg

There was a guy here doing the tiles in the house today and he seen me working on the car and he suggested we would make the moulds on the door look more flush by filling in the small gap between the mould and the door so we did.

11r5agi.jpg

295ziwk.jpg

I reckon it looks 100 times better than it did. It still needs some touch ups but I know it will come up good. I'm heading down to Melbourne this weekend so while I'm there I will get some colour matched paint and I will respray the moulds on the door and this time add clear coat to try get them as glossy as the car.

enough power to have a bit of fun with but more power is always allowed.

fuel tank looks good mate, but deffs easyer to put the tank back in with know fuel in it,
side strips look good :)

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
enough power to have a bit of fun with but more power is always allowed.

fuel tank looks good mate, but deffs easyer to put the tank back in with know fuel in it,
side strips look good :)

Thanks mate, yes it will be heaps easier with no fuel in it hahaha. I will take it right back and paint it properly this time but im really considering painting the diff and replacing the oil at the same time. I would have to take the diff out to paint it tho and that will be a bit of a job...
Your probably thinking why would i want to paint the diff but i really like things to look good even if you cant see them.

heres a random old photo of mine and my mates cars
Thats his vp which i think is nice. I have done a bit of work on it and you can tell the difference between the vn and vp with how they run/drive.
The vp runs so much smoother and drives better. Im not too sure with the suspension differences.

1z3w8ig.jpg

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Thanks mate, yes it will be heaps easier with no fuel in it hahaha. I will take it right back and paint it properly this time but im really considering painting the diff and replacing the oil at the same time. I would have to take the diff out to paint it tho and that will be a bit of a job...
Your probably thinking why would i want to paint the diff but i really like things to look good even if you cant see them.

heres a random old photo of mine and my mates cars
Thats his vp which i think is nice. I have done a bit of work on it and you can tell the difference between the vn and vp with how they run/drive.
The vp runs so much smoother and drives better. Im not too sure with the suspension differences.

1z3w8ig.jpg

i would paint the diff or even a heavy degrese and clean may actually still be quiet clean and good paint. if u do paint it id probs go matt black and spray it in the car as to pull it out u have to dissconnect the hydrulic lines on the brakes and rebleed. very time consuming.

very tidy looking vp. most vn/vp's should be very similer suspension set up,at the end of the day once some one has upgraded the supsenison in both no one would feel a differnce in handling.

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Looks clean dude :)

Have a real soft spot for white VN's.
Time has finally came to get rid of mine.

Thanks :) yeah I seen it. It's a shame but do whatever you think its best.
I have had to let cars go that I really enjoyed but at the end of the day it's just a car.