Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some pictures of my VN

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Is it RWC and rego'ed to you? If not get a RWC inspection done and start working thru that list as it has that sports wheel and the silly taco on it I'm guessing it needs a RWC maybe the L-plate gave it away. Don't do any mods untill its rego'ed to you even then don't bother modin it just drive it.

its already registered to me. Read my comment above about the tacho, it will take less than 5 minutes to remove it so its not a big deal and i dont think it will need much for another roady if i were to get one.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
hahahaha hawkhawk has been on the internet for too long.
**** this thing is nearly a time capsule doppleganger of my car (see sig) :eek: So i will give you some tips:

1) King springs SLs and monroe gt shocks give a **** ride
2) If you dont use the rear doors often the plastic handles will break off
3) Convert it to manual... oh it already is damn you
4) Dont paint interior plastics, its a waste of time looks stupid and I did it and still wonder why nobody brought me to my senses in that time
5) The taco has been mentioned enough
6) Get pacemakers, then spend 3 hours regretting getting pacemakers whilst installing them
7) Your spare wheel well is probably full of water. the leak comes from either the boot garnish, tail lights of rear quarter window seals. Or you can do what I did and drill a hole in the wheel well and rust proof it
8) Check the wiring connectors for the tail lights and the bulb sockets themselves for rust
9) Enjoy it. Its nice to see another clean white Vn out there.

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
hahahaha hawkhawk has been on the internet for too long.
**** this thing is nearly a time capsule doppleganger of my car (see sig) :eek: So i will give you some tips:

1) King springs SLs and monroe gt shocks give a **** ride
2) If you dont use the rear doors often the plastic handles will break off
3) Convert it to manual... oh it already is damn you
4) Dont paint interior plastics, its a waste of time looks stupid and I did it and still wonder why nobody brought me to my senses in that time
5) The taco has been mentioned enough
6) Get pacemakers, then spend 3 hours regretting getting pacemakers whilst installing them
7) Your spare wheel well is probably full of water. the leak comes from either the boot garnish, tail lights of rear quarter window seals. Or you can do what I did and drill a hole in the wheel well and rust proof it
8) Check the wiring connectors for the tail lights and the bulb sockets themselves for rust
9) Enjoy it. Its nice to see another clean white Vn out there.

Hey thanks i seen yours and its nice, i love it. Thanks for the tips i have had problems with the water in the boot and it was getting in by the tail lights. ive fixed that problem and there's a hole in the spear wheel well just in case. I also had issues with the tail lights not working and the connectors were full of rust so i also replaced them. And hahah i might get pacemakers one day. Ill probably do it when i get the engine rebuilt so i can do it all at once. Thanks for your tips, they are very useful.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
Hey thanks i seen yours and its nice, i love it. Thanks for the tips i have had problems with the water in the boot and it was getting in by the tail lights. ive fixed that problem and there's a hole in the spear wheel well just in case. I also had issues with the tail lights not working and the connectors were full of rust so i also replaced them. And hahah i might get pacemakers one day. Ill probably do it when i get the engine rebuilt so i can do it all at once. Thanks for your tips, they are very useful.

No worries champ. Realistically, you probably wont need to rebuild the engine. When i pulled mine out it was originally to convert to manual and put new sump gasket on. It didnt need rebuilding but i did because i could and now im poor lol. Good work on the taillights - its a VN thing haha

Will be good to see what you make of this VN. Keep her in good nic :beer chug:

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Heres an old picture of it when it had no trolley strips. About 2 weeks later i got a small dent on the back door so i painted the strips, got new pinstripes and put them back on. Luckily the strips covered the dent and you wouldn't even know it was there.

212hb11.jpg

JTR007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB, VN, VS, VX & VF
Heres an old picture of it when it had no trolley strips. About 2 weeks later i got a small dent on the back door so i painted the strips, got new pinstripes and put them back on. Luckily the strips covered the dent and you wouldn't even know it was there.

212hb11.jpg

Looked really good with out the moulds.
Good she its still in decent condition other then whats been mentioned above. Lel

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Gave the interior some TLC. Sorry about the bad quality photos, I don't know why they turned out so bad.
Need to get some decent seat covers and floor mats. I wouldn't mind getting a new steering wheel aswell.
The ashtray in the back door decided to go walk a bouts so ill have to get a new one. Also that bit of wire next to the glove box always falls down so ill have to fix that.
:) :toilet:

2hpo94g.jpg

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Got bored so I took that white thing under the front off and put the stock grille back on.

V6Atu9E.png

Also put this steering wheel on.

HEv5C84.png