Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some questions for younger drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Some serious questions and I want serious answers.

Question 1:

Why the hell do you drive with 2 20 inch wheels on the front and 2 15 inch stockies on the rear? Do you like to think you car has more power because it can rip up one wheel while turning easier? Is it because you can't afford to buy the back2 rims? Or was finance declined on new tyres so you put stockies back on?

Not only does the above attract police attention, it looks bloody stupid.

Question 2:

Why do you think that having suspension that looks like there is no springs in the rear is cool?
Clearly you prefer the company of men as no self respecting woman would enter a vehicle like that and risk breast cancer from the severe bouncing effect. Not only is it dangerous bouncing off the bump stops, it looks bloody stupid from behind.

Again all it does is attract police attention and it looks bloody stupid.

Question 3:

Why exactly do you need a shift light in a stock VR-VZ V6 executive commodore? No, you do not require a 32" Monster tacho. No your car isn't a major feat of engineering, it will not blow up if you miss the rpm's by 20 rpm. It is a 6 cylinder, not a race car. I would have thought being new drivers you would like to limit any blindspots you have, not create them.

Question 4:

Why do you try and race cars such as my Senator at every set of lights? Do you really think your V6 commodore is going to keep up? Do you really think we are stupid enough to prove to you that yes your car is a piece of crap and we are not interested in racing from lights. Your car is not a V8 even though you would like us to all think so with that stupid sounding exhaust.

Again all it does is attract police attention and it makes you look bloody stupid.

Seriously, I want people to reply with some serious answers, I see the above people driving these piece of **** cars everyday and deal with the same type of wankers wanting to race everyday. Why the **** do you attract attention to yourselves and then whinge when you get defected. IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT that the government has come down so hard on young drivers. Would also like to take this time to blame Victoria Police on not coming down harder on wankers who are clearly breaking the law with stupid mods and giving people that do modify legally a bad name,

Last edited:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Geelong.

One drive down Moorabool St doesn't even come close to 4 years of driving in just about every major Australian city.

Although I wouldn't mind an answer to Q4. People in stock Commodores often tried to race me on my sportsbike and a few weeks in Geelong I had a Commy try to race me in my mums XR8. Why try to race vehicles that any idiot would know will munch you?

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
1. why **** up my 18's from burnouts/powerslides?

2. flicks out better.

3. dont have one

4. just to **** you off and see how much i gained from my latest mod

now my serious answers

1. got stockies on the back now cos im painting my wheels

2. dont know, it handles like **** liek that

3. same, dont have one

4. same except the **** you off part.
why would anyone pay $55 + fuel to get to calder/heathcote, we need something closer to us in the s.e to stop street drags imo

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
Although I wouldn't mind an answer to Q4. People in stock Commodores often tried to race me on my sportsbike

Mate, I get the exact same thing when I'm on my Gixxer. I don't get it. I even had some tool in a brand-new VE SS ute try and race me.

Why?

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
1: couldnt afford petrol, so had to sell the 2 rears :D and because its 'cool' :)

2: because its tough. :)

3: becaue it looks cool :)

4: so we can say we have all raced a such n such car, and we couldnt keep up. lol

You spelt people wrong too in the Q4 area.

I guess all these questions are meant for the drivers who have had the odd one or two defects.

* what no question about gay kits on vn-vs??

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
i'm a young driver, but i don't do those things

(i didn't wanna be a neighborhood pest who everyone hates like the asians/ricers across the road, to be horniest, I've never done a burnout:whistling)

but i'm guessing like you said, its to attract attention/too be seen
i got hub's on my wheels so if one flies off, i got an excuse

lots of leb's in Broadmeddows wanna drag me because they thing my numberplate means i got 550 horsepower (i got all stock engine),
then the undercover cop which was behind them books them:D

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
Question 1:

Why the hell do you drive with 2 20 inch wheels on the front and 2 15 inch stockies on the rear? Do you like to think you car has more power because it can rip up one wheel while turning easier? Is it because you can't afford to buy the back2 rims? Or was finance declined on new tyres so you put stockies back on?

Not only does the above attract police attention, it looks bloody stupid.

to lazy to change them back to 20's also they dont scrape the iner gards like mags do Question 2:

Why do you think that having suspension that looks like there is no springs in the rear is cool?
Clearly you prefer the company of men as no self respecting woman would enter a vehicle like that and risk breast cancer from the severe bouncing effect. Not only is it dangerous bouncing off the bump stops, it looks bloody stupid from behind.

be cause it looks cool unless the front is higher in whitch case ur a looser.

Question 3:

Why exactly do you need a shift light in a stock VR-VZ V6 executive commodore? No, you do not require a 32" Monster tacho. No your car isn't a major feat of engineering, it will not blow up if you miss the rpm's by 20 rpm. It is a 6 cylinder, not a race car. I would have thought being new drivers you would like to limit any blindspots you have, not create them.

be cause they make ya dick grow 2 inches longer and impress dumb chix

Question 4:

Why do you try and race cars such as my Senator at every set of lights? Do you really think your V6 commodore is going to keep up? Do you really think we are stupid enough to prove to you that yes your car is a piece of crap and we are not interested in racing from lights. Your car is not a V8 even though you would like us to all think so with that stupid sounding exhaust.

be cause they have a small willy

Again all it does is attract police attention and it makes you look bloody stupid.

Seriously, I want people to reply with some serious answers, I see the above peopel driving these piece of **** cars everyday and deal with the same type of wankers wanting to race everyday. Why the **** do you attract attention to yourselves and then whinge when you get defected. IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT that the government has come down so hard on young drivers. Would also like to take this time to blame Victoria Police on not coming down harder on wankers who are clearly breaking the law with stupid mods and giving people that do modify legally a bad name,

p.s i have trade rating today im happy mow and aven better i dont know what to do with it

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Everyone's different. Some people like that, some don't. It would be boring having a world which is everything ur way wouldn't it?

I don't fall under any of those categories btw. If other people have a car which is cop bait, wouldn't that take the attention away from u? Coz big mags in general are enough for a cop to look at u.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
my age: 20

Question 1:

personaly i dont do it as i reckon it looks crap
but my view it makes there ego bigger as people tend to think that must be tuff as it has stockies on it

Question 2:

im not a fan over impractically lowerd cars, all you need is a inch just to lose the guard gaps and its fine
as for bump stop/no springs this one i have no reason,
maybe tight ass and wanting to make there stockies look bigger then the whole 14" they really are

Question 3:

my guess
most yound kids are attracted to bright lights and flashy things
all yound drivers go though a neon/light phase and a 'things which make my car look quicker then it is' phase too

Question 4:

4 words,
Fast and the Furious

if it happens on a movie and that dude becomes cool then ill be cool in no time:bang:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
1. why **** up my 18's from burnouts/powerslides?

2. flicks out better.

3. dont have one

4. just to **** you off and see how much i gained from my latest mod

sort of answers i expected ;)

now my serious answers

1. got stockies on the back now cos im painting my wheels

2. dont know, it handles like **** liek that

3. same, dont have one

4. same except the **** you off part.
why would anyone pay $55 + fuel to get to calder/heathcote, we need something closer to us in the s.e to stop street drags imo

With your first point, I see no issue with that, I am talki9ng about the same deadheads you see week after week with the 20/15 setup.

Your last part, it takes an hour to get to calder, $60 to do a few runs, are peoples licences worth that little? Clearly the government needs to boost the price of licences 10 fold to make people appreciate them more.

1: couldnt afford petrol, so had to sell the 2 rears :D and because its 'cool' :)

2: because its tough. :)

3: becaue it looks cool :)

4: so we can say we have all raced a such n such car, and we couldnt keep up. lol

You spelt people wrong too in the Q4 area.

I guess all these questions are meant for the drivers who have had the odd one or two defects.

* what no question about gay kits on vn-vs??

Kits don't bother me, as most are legal mods and generally if people are kitting their cars they seem to have a little more respect for other road users.

Geelong.

One drive down Moorabool St doesn't even come close to 4 years of driving in just about every major Australian city.

Although I wouldn't mind an answer to Q4. People in stock Commodores often tried to race me on my sportsbike and a few weeks in Geelong I had a Commy try to race me in my mums XR8. Why try to race vehicles that any idiot would know will munch you?

:rofl: I am glad we only have 6 months or so left of living here, only going out to Bannockburn, but will be good to be away from driving through this hellhole every day. This neighbourhood used to be quiet, friendly etc. Now there is so many wankers around it isn't funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.