Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some Thoughts on Covid-19 Lockdown

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
It’s been a great blessing to be at home with the wife these last few months. We’ve caught up on everything I’ve done wrong in the last 20 years.

Day seven of Social Distancing: Struck up a conversation with a spider today. He’s a web designer!

When this virus thing is over with…. I still want some of you to stay away from me.

Just a second – so what you are telling me is that my chance of surviving this, is directly linked to the Common Sense of others?

People are scared of getting fined for congregating in crowds. As if catching and dying a horrible death wasn’t enough of a deterrent.

If these last few weeks have taught us anything – it’s that stupidity travels faster than any virus on the planet.

If you believe that all this will end and we will get back to normal once we reopen everything… Raise your Hand. Now slap yourself with it.

Having some states lock down and some states not lock down, is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.

Another Saturday night in the house and I just realised, even the trash goes out more than me.

Day 27 at home and the dog is looking at me like, “See, this is why I chew the furniture.”

Remember when you were little and all your underwear had the days of the week on them. Those would be helpful right now.

Whoever decided that a Liquor Store is more essential than an Hair Salon is obviously a bald headed alcoholic.

The spread of Covid-19 is based on two factors:
  1. How dense the population is
  2. How dense the population is
I think I’m finally being grounded for everything I didn’t get caught for when I was a teenager.

People start coughing and worry that they have Covid-19, I cough and just pray that I don’t pee myself...

I’m so excited to take the garbage out. I wonder what I should wear?

Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever. Wish granted. Happy now?

It may take a village to raise a child, but I swear it’s going to take a whole graveyard to home‑school one.

Did a BIG load of pyjamas today so I would have enough clean work clothes for this week.

Any one else getting a tan from the light in the fridge?

SILLY YOU! You thought dogs were hard to train. Just look at all the humans who can’t sit and stay.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Very good. It really sux, but whatever we may think about lockdown it's really only as bad as you make it for yourself. How bad can it be catching up on all the stuff you've been avoiding .
We should be allowed to go fishing though! How can you catch covid from a dam fish?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
As some of you are aware , I lost my father last month and due to covid couldn't travel to Queensland for his funeral which was really heartbreaking as I never got to say goodbye to him. Now mum has moved to a nursing home closer to my sister in NSW and again Can't visit her due to covid. I really stress that a may not be able to see her one last time as she is 94 and not in the best of health.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Very good. It really sux, but whatever we may think about lockdown it's really only as bad as you make it for yourself. How bad can it be catching up on all the stuff you've been avoiding .
We should be allowed to go fishing though! How can you catch covid from a dam fish?

Some people have lost their jobs, some people have lost their businesses, to them, it's as bad as Covid has made it.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
2020 was bad
2021 is bad
images.jpeg

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Some people have lost their jobs, some people have lost their businesses, to them, it's as bad as Covid has made it.
Agree, Covid put everyone in this **** position. My point is, we can either sit around with depression or make the best of it we can. There are still Job vacancies out there. I was doing part time work until this last outbreak now that's on hold.
People I know have gone from running their own small business to working in a warehouse packing boxes. Just stay positive and look for the next opportunity.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Everybody started in the same position but some have made it worse for the rest by not following the same rules the rest of us have.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Everybody started in the same position but some have made it worse for the rest by not following the same rules the rest of us have.
I've heard a lot of people say that. Covid shaming the unfortunate souls who caught it and spread it. I'm sure it's partly true, the rest is just pure bad luck. Is Aus and NZ I don't think most people have even crossed paths with an infectious person yet so they really can't say if they would have caught and spread it too. I remember you saying you stayed home last lockdown so maybe you are an exception. But take the Sydney taxi driver for example. I'm betting anyone who was in that car, 20cent paper mask or not, would have still caught it.