Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some unsolved 304 conversion queries

Dan.

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange, VK 5L, VC gramps
a speed sensor may mean you get a better tune running, but if its solely RPM burnout car, then i guess its not completely necessary.

autometer do a pass through sensor.

Will look into that, thanks

Dan.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can't really answer your questions, but when it comes time to get your extractors, I can do them at a good price.
Would they have to be collected from Bunbury or up Perth way?

Dan.

Reaction score
Members Ride
if its a burnout why not carb, why GrpA manifold?? even if u stay efi....why not go a s/plane manifold like a harrop or pro paw!

a pro ratchet shifter!

as for the t/shaft to suit the bw diff and a th400> (do u have the shaft already?) mount the box, fit the rear shaft to suit the diff and measure the front half to suit.
as for the front it may need to shortened....to give u an idea...i had mine shortened, reco'd and balanced!.....it was cheaper to do this than to source a correct sized front half and have it all fitted and balanced...just a thought to consider.

when u get the 9" diff sorted, go a 1 piece tailshaft

as for fuel pump, it will need a relay and a safety cut out triggered from the negative side of coil or the ecu/ign module..

your chev badge will mount fine to your rear r/h tyre
If I ever get bored of the VK or decide to go down a different path I'll still have a motor that will be suitable for a street car (a bit grumpy) and ready to go which is why I would like to stay with injection. I did look into the harrop single plane but I've never been in a 304 with one. The biggest problem is with researching on the internet is that everyone has there own personal opinions on what is best and once again, ends up with conflicting information.
Shortening the front half would be an ideal idea. No point on spending a great deal of money on a tailshaft that is only a temporary thing. Will go single piece when 9" is sourced...
Sweet as, thought as much about the fuel pump wiring.

That'd be the best place for a chev badge on a holden, maybe I could do the world a favour and get rid of one at a time.

Thanks for your advice bud. I'm going to swing across and have a look at your thread in your sig now, probably give me a world of information