Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Someone crashed into my VE SV6!

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I took another look underneath and it hasn't bent the towbar, it's actually bent the areas where the towbar attaches to the car. It's a fkn mess under there.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
yea well then its more than likely a write off,your chassis would be bent in one of the impact zones.
when do you get it assessed?

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I'n not sure. I have submitted the claim form and will contact a reputable crash repairer not far from here to organise the assesment. According to my policy booklet it will be asessed within 24hrs of lodging so i will know more Thursday. Will certainly post up what happens.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Depends on the sub frame. Sub frame ok = not a write off. Chassis rails can be replaced. From the limited info, I'd say not a write off.

Oh, and I've attended enough vehicle collisions to know there's no way that's anywhere near a 60kph hit.....

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Drivers Door hits the body when closing.
When you say drivers door do you mean rear side drivers door or the actual drivers door?
If it's Drivers door not closing then something structural is defiantly wrong.
But good to hear your all ok.

Last edited:

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Oh, and I've attended enough vehicle collisions to know there's no way that's anywhere near a 60kph hit.....

No? The guy said he was doing 80kms/hr before he hit the anchors and the skid went for about 2 secs before he hit. In my books that would at least be 60kms/hr and the Police agreed. He had an old Ford Telstar without ABS as i heard the skid and knew what was about to happen. That said i haven't taken a picture of underneath but it's a mess. If it wasn't for the towbar i think the car wouldn't be recognisable at the back.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
When you say drivers door do you mean rear side drivers door or the actual drivers door?
If it's Drivers door not closing then something structural is defiantly wrong.
But good to hear your all ok.

Both drivers door and RHS rear passenger door don't close properly. They both hit the frame of the car quite hard (the left hand side of both doors when facing them) and you need to close the door quite hard to close them.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Can you see any damage to the roof like a crease, sounds like it might have damaged the passenger cell so I'd say good chance of a repairable write-off.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
yo x man, sorry to hear that dude. You'd have to be spewing, I know the feeling, I had a junkie mole hit in the back of my car 4 weeks after i bought it while she was high on heroin, luckily it was only a small dint, but still replaced the gate and bumper, good as new, but I gave her hell. Your tow bar would have had a massive stopping force, hence the big jolt you would have gotten. If your tow bar wasn't there your entire rear of the car would have been crumpled and possibly pushed into the back seats. Glad to hear you're all o.k. Makes you wonder what's wrong with people these days.