Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Someone crashed into my VE SV6!

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Sorry to hear about your car x man, as some would say you can replace a car but not family members so I'm glad yourself and more importantly your little ones are safe. Hope everything works out by Thursday keep us posted.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I've had a chassis rail replaced in an accident before and it came up as good as new. Everyone will tell you that it will never be the same but any half decent repairer will be able to fix it in such a way that no one will ever know it's been hit unless they ask. Mine drove perfect after it was fixed and I never had any issues. Judging by the pics I doubt it will be a write off.. especially if you have 2 years replacement policy.

Good to hear you and the kids are ok, hard luck about the car but just remeber that cars can be fixed or replaced.

Keep us updated either way.

wooddyy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
"Oh, and I've attended enough vehicle collisions to know there's no way that's anywhere near a 60kph hit....."
CSP - do you ever have anything positive to say ive read all your posts and most of them are of this nature, as well as ur lie to owning and selling your VE.
If you havent got anything constructive to say beet it.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Well being at a site where you see the damage first hand, combined with the pics above, that's my impression. I never said it was absolute or definitely 100% right.

I say what I think. If people like wearing rose coloured glassed that's their problem not mine.

I'm sorry, which lie? WTF are you talking about?

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
if the dors are hitting the frame that would suggest that the impact force has gon through the crumple zones and as desgined traveld through the impact beams in the door this is why the doors are now hard against the fram not that the passenger cell is damaged. this will have taken such and incredable amount of the energy around you and your children saving you a fair shunt.
if these beams have taken the impact force through them i woiuld suggest a write off is on the cards as its not nesaceraly the deformation on moderd cars that is the determining factor but force distrabution components once used/comprammised are done for.
the tow bar would have made for a unpleasent run in the other car but other that protecting your car from more obvious cosmetic damage done little to change the reaction of your car in the crash as the are desgind in such a way to work with the cars crash zones.

if any one has air bag deployment from a rear hit when stationary this is a failuer.
did you feel any seatbelt pretensioners tighten the belt for you and head rest movement?

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Sorry guys,

I had a call back from the assessor today who said it will be repaired totalling an amount of $14,000.00. He said the damage wasn't as bad as it looked and that the rear subframe (i think) is damaged and would all be replaced with new OEM. I pleaded with him that my concerns relating to the continued safety of the vehicle, colour mismatches and of course poorer resale would be issues and that i should not be subject to these for such a new car, especially when the accident was of no fault of my own but it seems to have fallen of deaf ears. What is strange is that the assessors usually approve the repairs whilst on site but in this case he did not after my phone call yet it's all a very clear cut case. I am hopeful he has gone away for the night to review some figures (salvage etc) and may come back with a write-off order but i don't think i am lucky enough for that.

Kids safety over money? Yep, money wins.

As for the earlier question about the pre-tensioners, no, i didn't feel anything other then being forced hard into the seats when the other car hit.

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
did they say anything about the doors not closing?

That really is bad news in a way, even though they will do a good job at fixing it, if those shock forces have gone through the whole chassis, who knows what potential electronics its affected etc, or reduced the lifespan of.

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
sounds like a write off..

even if its not i would request to get it written off and replaced with a new one..

when you come to resell it, you can no longer say no accident history. (which will probally decrease the value of the car)